10 or 12 Units with Extension 2 Maths? (1 Viewer)

enthusijasm

HSC
Hi guys! The subjects I currently do are:
English Advanced
Extension 1 Maths
Extension 2 Maths
Physics
Chemistry
PDHPE
And I really want to drop down to 10 Units (either dropping Physics or PDHPE). I go to a ~60 ranked school and i'm in the top 13 (towards 13 than 1) for PDHPE and probably average for Physics. The course I want to get into has an atar cut off of 98+ (gg) and I feel like the scaling for PDHPE will give me a mark that would be worst than my Physics mark, since my PDHPE cohort is pretty spread apart. I have considered waiting until after my half yearlies but I don't want to place unnecessary stress on myself and the financial burden on my parents since they pay a lot of money for my tutoring :/ Any advice would be helpful.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
12 Units is good, if you stuff up, you have that 'security'...Only if you actually do well. Just curious, how much do your parents pay for the tutoring which you currently do?

emilios

HSC
Hi guys! The subjects I currently do are:
English Advanced
Extension 1 Maths
Extension 2 Maths
Physics
Chemistry
PDHPE
And I really want to drop down to 10 Units (either dropping Physics or PDHPE). I go to a ~60 ranked school and i'm in the top 13 (towards 13 than 1) for PDHPE and probably average for Physics. The course I want to get into has an atar cut off of 98+ (gg) and I feel like the scaling for PDHPE will give me a mark that would be worst than my Physics mark, since my PDHPE cohort is pretty spread apart. I have considered waiting until after my half yearlies but I don't want to place unnecessary stress on myself and the financial burden on my parents since they pay a lot of money for my tutoring :/ Any advice would be helpful.
what course do you want to get into? i'm an advocate for 12 units, as that's what i did (including MX2) and i ended up doing well in the subject i was about to drop and did well overall as well (99+). bear in mind that it is stressful though. i was in your position with physics and economics, and was about to drop eco. ended up keeping it and completely stuffed physics so i was glad i didn't drop it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
how big are the respective cohorts in each subject? maybe have a look at historical data of past HSC students performance in externals.

I.E each year your school may perform weakly in physics but strongly in Pdhpe or vice versa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)