10 Units or more for Year 12? What are you doing? (1 Viewer)

xxxx8888

HSC
i did something so stupid... which was "knowing" what subjects i was gonna keep and drop. i thought i was ensured with 11u for the HSC, but i'm not going so great in extension maths, and i definitely don't want to keep the subject that i chose to drop. so it's 10u for me... 11u, if i start work really hard in year 12...lol.

Lavenderpup

HSC
I do 13 units right now and having had 10 exams in 2 weeks *phew* so glad its over but damn all that stress <_< (10 exams because there were 2 eng adv papers and there was physics practical.
3U English
3U Math
Physics
Chemistry
Economics
SOR1

Currently. But then I'm thinking of doing 4U English and dropping Eco since I think I've failed the last exam and I hadn't been going too well the whole year, so that there's only 12 units but then I don't know how 4Ueng would be like...

Guernica

HSC
I'm doing 13 at the moment... and was always planning on doing 11 next year: 3U maths, adv english, chem, bio, legal.

buuttttt... after my ext. maths exam today... I think I can safely say I'm dropping it.

So looks like I'm stuck with every assessment meaning life or death for the next year of my life..

klaw

HSC
13 units: adv eng, eco, BS, phys, ME2, SOR1... gonna drop EE1 and take ME2

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kadlil said:
lol... stick with the 13 units~!!
I don't agree.

You're likely to do better if you have fewer subjects to concentrate on, unless you're ridiculously clever and hard working (and a lot of people are). Free periods are always useful - even if you don't study during every free period, having a bit of time to relax does help.

A lot of people do more than 10 units for "back-up". It never worked for me because regardless of how many units I do, I want to perform well in all of them. I'm not finding doing 10 units stressful at all. I'm well above average in everything except english (just a few marks above) so I don't regret not having "back-up" because english always counts. :p

香港!

HSC
I'm doing 10 units with extension 2 maths as my last unit lolz
if i screw up den im screweeddd!

klaw

HSC
and having less than 13 units also means less to learn and less to remember, meaning that in the same amount of time, you can learn more on the subjects you're doing

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Lol I'm buggered... right now I do 12 units
2U Studies of Religion (If you don't do SOR, Catholic Studies is compulsory)
3U Maths
3U English
2U Modern History
2U Legal Studies

That's not heaps, but I want to pick up either Ext 2. English, Ext. History or both... the problem is that's too much of a workload and I'm going good in all my units. My parents are forcing me to keep everything pretty much... :( I'm gonna die of overload

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
im thinking i'll drop legal... tho its my best id rather concentrate on the subjects i need to be good @...
chem, bio, phys, maths&english(2uadv)
... far out...while i wasn't watching, maths really became hard!

thewhitecomet

HSC
you should see my school maths...i'm doing yr11 accelerated maths and we crash-coursed the entire 2 unit in little over a term, just did my trials few weeks ago. 3Unit should be over and done with my the end of next term easy.. ext 2 english is freaky. i'm doing ext 1 now...and if you wanna do 4U english, there's only one class next year. i heard you had to practically write a book or something when doing 4U?

Last edited:

Lavenderpup

HSC
not a book. meh, its 6000 to 8000 words. not /too/ scary. still scary because it goes into quadruple digits rofl but its no book.

snowbunny

HSC
im doing 11 units...ill use my frees well....i have frees now so i know this....id rather focus on 11 units...but i might drop ext. maths if it gets 2 hard but atm its good because it helps me alot with 2unit...

P

pLuvia

snowbunny said:
im doing 11 units...ill use my frees well....i have frees now so i know this....id rather focus on 11 units...but i might drop ext. maths if it gets 2 hard but atm its good because it helps me alot with 2unit...
is it the more units you have the more free periods you get or is it the other way around?

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
I'm doing 14 units for year 12 but im planning to drop a subject ~ just can't decide on which one yet :D

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
is it the more units you have the more free periods you get or is it the other way around?

Usually the other way round. Depends too on what subjects you're doing, e.g. I did 12 units for the Prelim, but because I did Ext English and Ext Maths, I had four free periods per week on the line where I didn't have a subject. Most of the other guys had only 3 frees per fortnight - when we had Ext. Maths.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)