12 hours quality study a day? (1 Viewer)

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad
Idk if this is off topic, sort of on topic I guess, but I have found I tend to over study things, in the sense that I can do all of it after x amount of hours, yet I study it for so many more hours because im scared I might forget it, then there ends up being a whole shitload of stuff to study but im paranoid that if I dont go over every single bit then I'll forget something crucial. Is this a problem or just something a lot of people tend to end up doing?

idk, this could be bad for HSC, paranoia of understudying........anyone else have this?
Could be good, could be bad.

hayabusaboston

HSC
"scared that I might forget it" - are you cramming, or lack a bit of confidence in your abilities?

I have that paranoia as well, but it's to ensure that I'm as well prepared for my exams as possible.

Not cramming, I start exam prep WAAAAY before anyone else. Many weeks. I lack confidence in my memory, even though time and time again to myself its really good, I still worry "It might stuff up.." so I do things 10000 times just to be 100 percent sure I remember. Tbh its only chemistry and physics, maths I completely cbf studying because.... Yea you cant really "study" for maths other than do loads of questions, which gets kinda repetitive after a while.

BUT I vow to change my habits for yr 12, must study maths just as much as chem and phys, will do shitloads of questions :p

mrteeson

HSC
Too be honest the amount of hours of study is not important, but how effective it is. From 8-12 hours i assume you are doing 3+ past papers (marked also), which will be productive but if it's just passive learning then you probably take in 30% of the contents you have learnt(never heard of anyone taking in all contents from 12 hours of study). But it depends not sure what you are planning to do during those time.

I do around 6 hours max, past papers all day and only spend a max of 30min revising areas i'm weak at. My friends and I are aiming for 90s but we dont study 7+ hours, it's just too extreme for our brain to take in such large amount content. And another thing you may lose your social life during this duration causing you to easily get aggressive,tired and depressed. That's just my opinion...

freeeeee

HSC
Do what works best for you, if 12 hours is the way then do it. IMO it is a bit excessive but depends on how confident you are and what you atar aim is. Personally 4-6hours is fine for me

delian

HSC
N/A
12 seems a bit much. As long as you're achieving what you want out of your studying, that should be good. Quality over quantity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)