14 units in Prelim? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all
14 units in Prelim?
I'm thinking of dropping one of my subjects.
I'm currently doing (With no frees):
- 3u Maths (Ext after school)
- Adv English
- Chemistry
- Physics
- SDD
- Geography
- Catholic Studies (1 unit and compulsory)
I'm finding it hard to keep up-to-date with everything and it's only going to get worse as my 1/2 yearlies come up. I also put a lot of time into my surfing and my afternoons, mornings and weekends are taken up with comps etc.
I'm thinking at the moment that physics would be my choice to drop as I haven't enjoyed it much this year.

Any advice or ideas?
Thanks

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
lol what gordo said. all of your other subjects are quite similar, where you either have to be literal; english and your compulsory subject, or you have calculating subjects. that is all other subjects.

HSC
Thanx for the quick reply :D
I do pretty well at geography though, I always get high distinctions in those geography comps plus I've come 1st in it twice before :confused: .

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I would advise SDD...mainly because it isnt much use if you dont decide to do computer related subjects at Tafe or Uni, and its also the lowest scaling one there. If you *really* don't like physics though, drop that - there is nothing worse than having to do a subject you hate.

monique66

u need to look at marks and interest. What are your marks like and how much interest do you have in your subjects. Or even try talking to your principal, they are always helpful with things like this.

HSC
kami said:
I would advise SDD...mainly because it isnt much use if you dont decide to do computer related subjects at Tafe or Uni, and its also the lowest scaling one there. If you *really* don't like physics though, drop that - there is nothing worse than having to do a subject you hate.
Forgot to mention that. I'm aiming for a IT degree (or computer science if I can't get into it).

monique66

considering your good at geo and you have to have religon and english...what about physics or chemistry? They are both good subjects but get increasingly difficult towards the HSC. If your good at them they will be really good for your UAI, if not then your better off dropping one of those or ext maths. Basically, it depends on your level of confidence with what you are doing. Noone can really make the choice for you. :rolleyes:

NightShadow

HSC
ok..so you want IT...but you want geo for high marks...since you're good at it...are you looking in the right area of work??

HSC
damnation said:
considering your good at geo and you have to have religon and english...what about physics or chemistry? They are both good subjects but get increasingly difficult towards the HSC. If your good at them they will be really good for your UAI, if not then your better off dropping one of those or ext maths. Basically, it depends on your level of confidence with what you are doing. Noone can really make the choice for you. :rolleyes:
I'm doing fairly well at chemistry (27/30 for 1st assignment), I'm equal first. No physics marks yet.

monique66

GoManly said:
I'm doing fairly well at chemistry (27/30 for 1st assignment), I'm equal first. No physics marks yet.
whats the general feeling though?

HSC
I like chemistry overall. It and 3u maths are probably my favourites this year.

monique66

then i'd say drop physics. anyway, you'll have to make the choise at the end, whatever feels right for u :)

HSC
damnation said:
then i'd say drop physics. anyway, you'll have to make the choise at the end, whatever feels right for u :)
I wish it was that easy but I'm an all-rounder, no one subject stands out as my best, I do ok at all of them.

silverbaby

HSC
N/A
i'm juggling 14 units as well:

3u maths
3u english
ancient history
modern history
chemistry
physics

want to drop either physics or 3u maths. should i drop one now or wait until later in the year?

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
ur crazy
14 units wtf???????????

manly is gonna get smashed 2moro courtesy of the BULLDOGS

felixcthecat

HSC
i do 14 units as well~~! i'd suggest SDD (dunno wut it is.. comptuer related??).. unless ur better in SDD than geography.. cuz i think u'd be scaled down more in SDD?? unless u reali realli can't keep up orelse i'd keep until the end of the year when u kno which u could excel in..

HSC
I'm thinking of dropping physics and changing from geography to biology. Would this be a good move?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)