14 Units...too much? (1 Viewer)

fuzzy09

HSC
Not sure if i want to drop anything next year, BUT if i dont then i'll still have my 13 units and im going to pick up ext 2 english which then makes it 14 units.

is that too much? or should i drop a subject..?

P.S i really want to do ext 2 english next year

heres my subjects atm
Business Studies - equal 1st
Chemistry - 4th
Biology - 2nd
Adv English - 1st or 2nd ...dunno sorry
Ext English - 1st
Visual Arts - 1st
2U Maths.... Stupid maths LOL - HAVE NO IDEA... N TO BE HONEST DONT WANT TO KNOW.. hahaha

What would you do?

Last edited:

wendus

krawr.
HSC
you can maybe start off with 14 but i'd defs recommend you start dropping some a few weeks into year 12.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
If it was me I'd drop 2U or chem.
:D
Post ur ranks/marks etc and ppl will probly be more helpful, etc

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
fuzzy09 said:
Not sure if i want to drop anything next year, BUT if i dont then i'll still have my 13 units and im going to pick up ext 2 english which then makes it 14 units.

is that too much? or should i drop a subject..?

P.S i really want to do ext 2 english next year

heres my subjects atm
Business Studies
Chemistry
Biology
Adv English
Ext English
Visual Arts
2U Maths.... Stupid maths LOL

What would you do?
hey i'm in the same boat kinda, i'm goign to have 14 it can be done, and i will do it if not i'll drop 2U or geo

MHSoR Student

HSC
N/A
After picking up Extension 2 English, drop two subjects. Less subjects = more time to focus on each.

ixsamanthaxi

HSC
honestly 14 is a waste of time if only 10 are counted it makes all the difference having those extra studys and time to devote to a more focused routine. you will get amazing marks if you focus on what is really needed with 14 you waste 4 units of hard work!

honestly i think you should use your future plans as a guide find the prerequites for courses you would be interested in and out of the ones that hav no further study need elimate one or even 2 (back ups are for ppl that doubt their efforts)

goodluck

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
14 is crazy, unless you're very very organised and want to spend your whole year in your room. =)

i'd drop the maths, since you seem to be doing very well in all your other subjects.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
xxstef said:
14 is crazy, unless you're very very organised and want to spend your whole year in your room. =)

i'd drop the maths, since you seem to be doing very well in all your other subjects.
i know but i know i can do it, and i think fuzzy 09 can too, but i'm goign to wait til first assesment task then go from there (so most liekly maths)

chltmddus112

HSC
I'd keep all subjects since maths is like... recommended subject for almost all courses in uni.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Definitely too much of a workload. You're carrying unnecessary subjects which would only give you less time to study on your most important subjects.

ratcher0071

HSC
Think about it:
14 units you're gonna do
-10 units for an UAI
= 4 units of waste !!!!
= hours of time you could have spend on the other subjects

I like this formula :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
See how you go next year and drop the subjects you aren't doing good in.

jellybelly59

HSC
I don't think it's too much as long as you are able to have a VERY good timetable which can balance out all your time for your work and you can actually stick to it and work like crazy. If not then I think 14 units would be too much to handle.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
well i'm trying to organise my timetable so that my EE2 lessons are early mornings so i can have 2 free periods a week (like their really going to be "free" lol) to make my life a bit easier

if not bye bye life *locks self in room becomes narcisstic*

i don't know about fuzzy09

avgust90

HSC
well id recommend droppn something... also did 14 units but it was a bit too time consuming.. so i dropped extension 1 and 2 english... personally i think its better 2 have 12 units.. that way if u dnt do as well in one u alwajs have another as a back up... up 2 u though.. if u can handle it go for it.. good luck =]

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
the thing is all my subjects are required as prerequiste for unis in australia and usa so i kinda to have to have everything so :S just have to try and make do if not bye bye geo or ee2

ratcher0071

HSC
marcquelle said:
the thing is all my subjects are required as prerequiste for unis in australia and usa so i kinda to have to have everything so :S just have to try and make do if not bye bye geo or ee2
omg, what course are you applying for??
English, extension 1, and extension 2, :eek:
:uhoh:
I have problems with just english. lol.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
forensic anthropology major ANU or Harvard & forensic pathology Harvard and a multitude of other uni's in us cause then i won't have to go to uni for 13years here in aus for the full degree that i wan't but at the moment i am leaning towards FORENSIC anthropolgy at ANU which i need 4U english, mathematics, biology & chemistry.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
what want to do is forensic phyopathanthology - the study of the deceased related to diet, skeletal remain/markers, & internal organ functioning. Very obscure occupation only 4 people in the whole world at the moment in this field.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)