16 Year olds doing the HSC (1 Viewer)

Candi4u

HSC
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else was doing their HSC at the age of 16. I will be turning 16 in Febuary this year, and completing my HSC, so i dont turn 17 until i start university basically.

Is there anyone else out there like me?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Candi4u said:
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else was doing their HSC at the age of 16. I will be turning 16 in Febuary this year, and completing my HSC, so i dont turn 17 until i start university basically.

Geez, your bright, how did u get so smart? What subjects are you doing?

In the syndey morning herald there were a few articles on whiz kids like you, one kid in sydney tech is 14 or 15 and did the 3unit HSC exam this year. The youngest person to do the HSC with 10+ units was heather something(cant remember),15 and she's currently in uni. I know there are quite a few accelerated studenys "kido_1" who are doing 2 or 3 subjects a year ahead.

Last edited:

Candi4u

HSC
Well i was mean to be doing 3 unit maths HSC last year, but since i moved to Wollongong and was going to a selective high school i decided to repeat it.
I do english, maths, entertainment, visual art, and business studies, nothing too difficult. The only reason im ahead is because i lived overseas and kept gettin pused ahead when i went there, and when i came back here.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I turn 17 in August, so a it before I do the HSC but 16! wow

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i know someone that would be 16 and doing the hsc this year. but im not sure if he still attends school as i think he left after year10.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
im 1 7 this year if that counts for nething .. :p
frnd did acccelerated hsc last year.
she was 16. she got 89 in accelerated modern history.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Since the HSC is not only the HSC exams but the 3 terms of assessments and assignments. So I think the question should really be who is 16 during the HSC year?

I know people that wont turn 17 until 6 months into the HSC course if that counts...

Last edited:

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
i just finished the hsc (so '05) and i turned 16 in august..
and there was apparently a girl who was only 15 last year that did the hsc..
cheers
and good luck for '06 of course!
:) shortie

A l

HSC
N/A
Sometimes I feel sorry for those who turn 18 years of age in the HSC examination period, especially on the day of one of their exams.

Candi4u

HSC
Does anyone know anyone who will be 16 during their HSC year in Wollongong, i feel all left out down here, everyone is older than me, i mean we have year 10 and 11 people doing some HSC subjects this year also, and they are older than me, i cant find anyone to talk to and who can relate to me.

So please if you know anyone can you send me a message, i really want to find people in Wollongong like me.
Cheers

silentdarkangel

HSC
N/A
Yr 9s doin da hsc?

heyz evryone..just wondering if u could do the HSC in yr 9 and go to Uni. wen ur yr 10...does anyone noe? if anyone noes..please tell me. thx!

Candi4u

HSC
If you have completed your School Certificate, preliminary year subjects and then do your HSC you can, but you can't just skip the years. You have to be accelerated first, if they think your capable, and then do the subjects required. You can basically go to uni at any age, we have people completing their HSC early and going to university at 16, im the youngest this time around at 15 turning 16.
So you can go to uni when you should really be in year 10, but thats if you have done the years and HSC prior, does that answer your question???

silentdarkangel

HSC
N/A
LOL.yes..thx!but.how EXACTLY do u accelerate grades? do u sit for a test or sumfin? and is the SC hard?

Candi4u

HSC
The only way to accelerate grades is if one of your teachers notices that you are well above average. You can't just be put ahead, and then if this is only one teach you may only be put ahead in that one subject.

You may be considered to be accelerated if you are a good student, can easily handle the work, are getting great marks and teachers think you are emotionally and academically capable to handle accelerated learning.

So basically the teachers deal with who is put ahead and who stays behind. If you want you could discuss it with a teacher if you think you are competent enough however if i was you i would stay where you are.

Im not saying this on behalf of all accelerants, but from my own experience it can be a challenge. Remember when all your friends are out drinking and going to clubs, you wont be able to, and you will be left out of a few things. I did get around and still are getting around some of these age limit issues, however bars and clubs are off limits unfortunately.

There are upsides, however it depends how much your willing to give up. I was waiting for my mother to pick me up from school the other day when i saw somebody in year 10 drive off with their L plates, while i still had to climb into the passenger seat.

Also when all my friends decided to go out, or go somewhere where driving as involved, i was limited,i either had to rely on friends or my parents, and still do. So i will stop rambling now and let you decide what you want, but remember its not all fun and games being years ahead of what you should be.

thewhitecomet

HSC
there's a 11 year old doing HSC next year in my Ext2 maths class. though by that time, he'd be 12.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Candi4u said:
Does anyone know anyone who will be 16 during their HSC year in Wollongong, i feel all left out down here, everyone is older than me, i mean we have year 10 and 11 people doing some HSC subjects this year also, and they are older than me, i cant find anyone to talk to and who can relate to me.

So please if you know anyone can you send me a message, i really want to find people in Wollongong like me.
Cheers

lol, so candi is on bored aye...who would have thought

for the record, in my year that just finished we had 2 really young guys, one was 16 at time of hsc and ended up wit a uai of 99.85, and another was 15 and got...in 90s somewhere

last year we had a girl do hsc at the age of 14, she got 96 or so.....lol, she got her Ls the other day, in second year uni :)

but i dont know of any more wollongong people in the coming year.....

P

pLuvia

Well for the HSC year I'll be 16 till July :)

My friend accelerated one subject and 97 for Japanese Continuers and 47 for Japanese Extension

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Candi4u said:
Hey,

I'm 16 atm, and am turning 17 in Feb, so I'll be 17 during HSC exams. :D
Go us young 'uns.

Justin

HSC
Im 13 and im doing:

English (Advanced)
English Extension 1
2 unit Mathematics (Adv)
Chemistry
SDD
Modern History
SoR (1)
- Philosophy (Theory of Knowledge) (a Board endorsed course which isn't included in the UAI).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)