180 Degrees meetings (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

The Nick said:
I prefer the 180 ate the last tim-tam posters.

But that's ok, because we're the tim-tam genie and we have a neverending supply
I haven't had a chance to ask Phil yet- did he put up my idea of ' 180 stole the cookie from the cookie jar! ' ?

Phanatic

HSC
I wasn't involved with the posters, so I don't know. I haven't been on campus yet this week, but the posters sound amusing.

About the whole membership issue, you can find the following information at http://www.oneeightydegrees.org/180/membership.htm:

What's happening?
180 Degrees is opening up to members, and asking for a small membership fee. We want to take this organisation to the next level, and get campus wide recognition.

The reason we're asking for a fee is because running any sort of organisation costs money. 180 Degrees is a volunteer organisation, and it always will be. None of us involved get paid for doing what we do. The opposite in fact. Day to day operations and activities cost money. The website is not free to run. Nor is photocopying, printing, making banners, or anything else we do to raise awareness on campus. Up until now, a select few have been reaching into their own pockets to fund everything, and those little items add up. It's not fair on those few people, and so we're asking for a small membership fee to cover those day to day costs.

Waaaaaah! Hypocrites! You're charging! Aren't you supposed to be free-loving hippies?
Errrr. No.

Most 180 Degrees services, those things you can't or shouldn't put a price on, will continue to be free. You can still get newsletters, visit the website, post on the forum, and do pretty much everything you can do now. The membership fee is more like a donation than a "user pays" system. It's really just a small token to show your support, and to take the pressure off those people who currently fund everything out of the goodness of their shiney golden hearts.

As for the meeting tomorrow, anyone who's interested in getting involved with the campus, or just wants to keep informed, is welcome to attend. I won't have any cashews on me, but would gladly accept donations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)