1st English assessment dropped my confidence' (1 Viewer)

tiary

HSC
Man, i just had my 1st english Standard assessment a Monologue Speech, and got 9/15, really disspointing, when i really put my heart and effort into it. And you come across situations where your mate doesn't even try and they get higher, thats bullshit. Evn though i beat plenty of other students.
still disspointed
any tips

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
tiary said:
Man, i just had my 1st english Standard assessment a Monologue Speech, and got 9/15, really disspointing, when i really put my heart and effort into it. And you come across situations where your mate doesn't even try and they get higher, thats bullshit. Evn though i beat plenty of other students.
still disspointed
any tips
i know how you feel to know that you work darn hard and then some lazy person beat you. the best thing that works for me is not thinking about it and coming to terms that the mark wont change no matter what, but hey easier said then done. maybes its a lesson for you to do plenty of drafts before you hand in it and ask your teachers on their perspective on it. but on another note at least you pass ! and its only the start, there will always be marks there and there which will disappoint you, but you can still make up for it because their is a long way to go !

tiary

HSC
Yea

Yea, true man, Just really dissapointed, But oh well, life goes on!. Must try extra hard in the next assessment, so i can get my rank back.
thanks for your advice

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
My friend got 8/15 for one assesment and ended up coming ~40/206, which is nearly a low band 6. Dont despair. It is the people that dont despair, and who keep working hard that reap the benefits.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I did crap in my first adv yr 12 assessment too (come to think, i did even crappier in my ee1 1st assessment ><). Don't worry too much in terms of fretting but make sure u learn from your mistakes. most important thing is to understand what u did wrong. In my case, i tried to memorise and essay and reproduce it in the exam (it was my first real test of closed book proper essay writing). Completely screwed up and realised that as tempting as it was, it was NOT for me. From then on, I focussed on understanding the stuff and didn't get so worked up in assessment situations.

Im not saying this is your problem but try to think about what went wrong and work harder correcting your techniques as u go along. Don't lose hope now. It's early days, true, but make sure you find out what exactly went wrong.

HSC
tiary said:
still disspointed
any tips
Don't worry I was averaging 10/20 for english essays, by trials I got 16/20 for my essay and I only did 1 scene (I would of got 18-19 if I had done 2 scenes) and it was only 4 pages. You got plenty of time to annihilate everyone else, but that doesn't mean kick back, just work at it slowly and you'll soon be on top.

sh3zz

HSC
so this first assessment's outcome will not affect the big picture?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
of course it will have an effect. It will probably be a small one but obviously, since it is a weighted HDS assessment, it should have some sort of effect :rolleyes:

it is no reason to fall into despair or give up though

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
sh3zz said:
so this first assessment's outcome will not affect the big picture?
it wont significantly affect the big picture as long as you put in the effort for every other assessment. i feel the same way too, in my maths test my results were so fckn crap ! i dunt even want to mension them. but i guess its just a wakeup call for me to put in more effort into the subject.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Shit... i just got 10/20 for my first assesment task

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
tiary said:
still disspointed
any tips
I was in a smiliar situation to u, got 9.5/15 in my 1st assessment, a speech also funnily enough. I was beaten by heaps of ppl. Just dw about, keep trying ur best and things will pick up. I found i got better as the yr went on, ended up 2nd out of 70 odd ppl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)