2 jobs in 12hrs (1 Viewer)

nicksta_40

HSC
After my shop closed down i was out of a job for over a month, applyed everywhere but to no avail, but then within 12hrs i received 2 job offers, and for the time being accepted them both.

Has this 'luck' happened to any1 else? Is it hard to juggle 2 jobs (only like 20hrs week) and full time uni?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
yeah but then i took the one that had better pay and plus it was closer to home aswell...

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I find working during uni wears me out big time. Especially with the travelling. The hrs worked was 8 hrs but with the travel it adds up to 12 hrs or more. I get home tired as hell and just can't be bothered studying. This is bad news when doing fulltime uni as a day skipped is hard to catch up on.

jabbott

HSC
Hey,
I am doing uni fulltime and have two jobs totaling about 20-25 hours per week. I think i have enough time - it just comes down to having good self management skills. I also live away from family interstate so have to do all those 'grown up' like groceries and paying rent, bills etc.
You should be fine. Just thought i would let you know.

nicksta_40 said:
After my shop closed down i was out of a job for over a month, applyed everywhere but to no avail, but then within 12hrs i received 2 job offers, and for the time being accepted them both.

Has this 'luck' happened to any1 else? Is it hard to juggle 2 jobs (only like 20hrs week) and full time uni?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I currently work 2 jobs.... 40 hours a week at work plus full time uni on top of that. And I am surviving. It will only be a short term thing for about 5 more weeks or so though.

Even though you get taxed more on the second job you will get most of the tax back as a low income earner.... it's basically just the government saving your money up for you :)

I only pay like 30% tax on both of my jobs. But I will get most of it back.

mija

HSC
i'm so excited about getting it back... hmm...what should i buy..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My tax return is paying (not sure if it will completely cover it) for my airfare to Europe for next year. I want to go on exchange for a semester next year, so that is why I am working a lot to save.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
it really depends on what courses your taking. for me I'm doing actuary/law which is really killing me at the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)