2 unit catholic trial (1 Viewer)

Viceroy

heya all

i thought the paper was ok. like i could tell it would have been v. difficult for someone who was just passing other 2u exams (im not saying like im gonna ace it or anything). yea we had all the app of cal in p.w. taken out cause our 2u class hadn't done it (thank fuck!). yea what was the short way for the rhombus q? i guess im lucky - the one formula i learnt this morning had a whole goddam 6 (i think) mark question about it (the area of a sector q).

oh and good luck for the person who is doing business studies. it, history and studies of religion (2u) are the fattest courses and ur gonna have no chance at even getting a quarter of it done. but hey good luck all the same!

sdd next!

sam

philbert_frog

my school (normanhurst boys') edited question 7a, and even the replacement was hard :(

did anyone get the relation question (r=6t/50 - had to show that V=6/5(t-5))????

overall though it was a very fair paper with some tricky questions, but what did you expect ppls????!!! its the trials!

no first principles, and no locus makes philbert a happy frog!

Viceroy

Originally posted by blake

I did that, as well as the the gradients, I believe if you just did the distance it could have proved that it was a square or a rectangle or what ever :/
a square is a rhombus and can be a rectangle

sif not 99

yeah well I thought the paper was farkin easy, really. I usually get to question 7 and go like wtf but I answered everything up until 9 apart from that one where you had to add the line to solve that cubic equation. A teacher in the exam goes oh its a mistake its +5 on the end not -5 like the eqn at the top of the page, then an other teacher comes in 30 mins later and goes no the original on the page is correct its -5 at the end

grrrrr

I hate time payments

tristan locus is mad!!!!

defier

Does anyone know how much the exam was out of in total???

I'm hoping 120 marks , but I aint too sure......

Morgues

for the rhombus thing i found the equations of the diagonals and proved they were perpendicular to each other.........took ages

I am guessing around 10 marks off that i didnt know........another 10 silly mistakes..........so hopefully around 100/120

FeniX

To prove it's a rhombus you find the gradients of the two diagonals, and prove they intersect at right angles: (m1xm2=-1)
I dont think you needed to find both equations of the diagonals.
:cool:

esther

HSC
it seems like the 2u maths exam was realli hard.... =(
i guess im gonna stuff up... everyone is scaring me anyway my exams on fri... my trials rnt starting until wed so yeah.... im stressing and cramming... cant wait til all this is over....

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
actually ladies and gentleman, in that rhombus question, you already knew that the two diagonals were perpendicular to each other from the above questions (i dont know how u did part 3 if u didnt get that).... what you actually had to prove was that AD=CD, and once you did that, you could say that because that sides are equal, and that the diagonals are perpendicular to each other, it must be a rhombus.

btw, i found the exam very simple. 3u was screwed. lol

Morgues

My question just had the 4 points and asked to prove its a rhombus.........there was no other parts

blake

The exam was easy if you knew your work otherwise, you were pretty much fucked

ves

DIFFICULT

I didn't like it. Maybe because I wasn't prepared for it being harder than last year's Catholic Trial which I practised...

yeah I also got a whole number for the rule?!? possible?

Let's hope the HSC isn't hard...:) :D :rolleyes:

ice_cream

since how you ppl did the catholic trials...did you ppl do the pass catholic trials...if you did...you'll notice that some of the questions are repeated....i just the back to 98...and found that there were like heaps of repeat questions...and for some...they just change the numbers...

sif not 99

yeah I have noticed they repeat questions, as well as from previous catholics but also past HSCs. Last years paper in my opinion was WAY harder than this years. If anyone remembers that maximum or minima question from the 2001 catholic bout question 8 that is almost identical to a question in bout 96 HSC methinks

rusti

all you can do in maths is get a tutor, do millions of past papers and hope for the best.

the trial was straight forward for me,
.'. i found it not too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)