2 Unit Maths vs. 3 Unit Maths?! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Struggling to decide between picking 3 units or 2 of Maths. Already doing Extension English, so not sure if 3 units will be too much to handle, or actually worth the effort and more beneficial than 2 units?

Need to decide by today guys!

iBibah

HSC
It's a lot better if you choose extension and then drop later rather than not choose it and regret.

Choose it, then drop if you need to later.

Worth the effort? hell yeh

Too much to handle? depends on mathematical ability (but its only one unit)

More beneficial than 2 unit? depends what you want to do after school, but usually doing 3u will help you in understanding and mastering 2u topics as 3u is not as straight forward as 2u.

HSC
It's a lot better if you choose extension and then drop later rather than not choose it and regret.

Choose it, then drop if you need to later.

Worth the effort? hell yeh

Too much to handle? depends on mathematical ability (but its only one unit)

More beneficial than 2 unit? depends what you want to do after school, but usually doing 3u will help you in understanding and mastering 2u topics as 3u is not as straight forward as 2u.
Thanks for that!
My only concern is that I can't drop it until Year 12, and I'm not sure if 3 unit maths can get me a Band 6, or get me the marks I need to get into Medicine at Uni.

Blinkz

HSC
As you study your subjects in your final years, you will find that out of every subject math will always be the easiest to learn if your bad at it. (always one right answer and not subjective). Thats why its good to have because you can always work at it, even if you have to keep it to year 12. A bonus of doing 3u as well is that you will learn most if not all the 2u course in your first year so if you do decide to drop, you will see 2u as a breeze and you can just spend your time revising what you have already learnt. For just one extra unit it is a fair bit of extra work, (not so much the topics) but the amount of practice you will have to do but i strongly recommend it. Initially i sucked a 3u but i find that it was definitely worth it

Shadowless

HSC
As you study your subjects in your final years, you will find that out of every subject math will always be the easiest to learn if your bad at it. (always one right answer and not subjective). Thats why its good to have because you can always work at it, even if you have to keep it to year 12. A bonus of doing 3u as well is that you will learn most if not all the 2u course in your first year so if you do decide to drop, you will see 2u as a breeze and you can just spend your time revising what you have already learnt. For just one extra unit it is a fair bit of extra work, (not so much the topics) but the amount of practice you will have to do but i strongly recommend it. Initially i sucked a 3u but i find that it was definitely worth it
+1 pretty much this (THEN TAKE ON 4 UNIT)

HSC
LOL guys, let's cool it down a little here :L
I've already made my choice anyway and picked 3 unit :) Truly appreciate all the help peeps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)