2 yr degrees (1 Viewer)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Ive heard about some unis offering 2yr accelerated degrees with a 3 semester year.....Anyone know any more about it?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
The ANU PhB program offers acceleration of the degree to 2 years so that you can do honours in third year, that's all I know.

If you're considering getting an undergrad degree done in the shortest possible time so you can move on to grad med, just be aware that this kind of acceleration can have a severe negative effect on your marks.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yeh but many universities have a 'passing the gate' GPA cut off. Usyd doesn't care so long as it's >5.5.

I'm not really seriously contemplating it, as I have no idea what uni is like and how hard it is to get good marks, im just curious.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Master programs such as MPharm is a 2 year POSTGRADUATE degree. In a way its 3 semesters for 2 years (a trimester) in which you learn the whole pharmacy course but you are reuiqred to have obtained a previous related tertiary degree.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yeh i did a search and found that at macq u can do acturial in 2 years if ur a grad.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
It would be harder to squeeze everything into 2 years, but if your desparate and you cant transfer into a course then you may want to do it.

Its also full-fee paying too.

santaslayer

HSC
You might of probably be working for an actuarial or be related to the industry in some sort of way before undertaking such a fucking short (and difficult) degree.

s_kisses

HSC
yeah my ex moved to qld to go to bond. they have a 3sem year but its a private uni. he's doing commerce law and it takes 3yrs + 1 sem :vcross: they barely get any hols.. over xmas they get 3wks- month... i like my 3 month summer break!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You can also elect to do a three semester year degree at OLA/Open Education, the correspondence uni so it would be feasible for you to get a bachelor in one case(the BGenStu) in 1.5 years with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)