2003 CSSA Multi Choice answers (1 Viewer)

KungPow

HSC
Does anyone have the answers to this? I'm only asking because the answers on the site are actually answers for the Independant paper not the CSSA. I was getting pretty frustrated with the supposed answers until i realised they were for a different test.

Woody87

CSSA trial

I also need the answers to the 2003 Catholic Trial multiple choice! Someone help

Rorix

HSC
A C D B C C A A D D B A D C D A C B B E

Woody87

Are those your answers or are they the official answers? Just asking because mine are completelyt different :S

KungPow

HSC
Geez my answers are really different from you guys. Are you sure we're doing the same test? I didn't think the Lorenz curve measured poverty. Some of my answers seem pretty different to you two. Even the first question, where both of you picked Japan. I would've thought South Korea was the NIC.

Hey I checked my Leading Edge book and it lists South Korea as the NIC.

Well, here's my answers:
1c
2d
3d
4c
5b
6a
7d
8a
9b
10a
11d
12b
13d
14c
15b
16d
17a
18c
19a
20c

Last edited:

meyero

HSC
CDDDBADABABBACBDACAC,

So sayeth the MyRo

BTW i hear that woody is a bald prostitute

KungPow

HSC
How come no-one else is saying C for Question 4? I thought that one was pretty straightforward, and no subtraction was involved.

meyero

HSC
Nah man, think about it its net foreign liabilities (net debt plus net equity) = Total Foreign Liabilities (gross debt plus gross equity) - Total Foreign Assets (grossdebt plus gross equity).

Sorry that's a bit complex, in simple terms you are looking at, for example if a country had $2 debt and $3 equity its net foreign liabilities would be $-1 not $5.

Rorix

HSC
i dont know about everyone else but i just made up answers, that's why I have an E:).

If you actually post the relevant question I'll give you a serious answer:)

KungPow

HSC
Eh...i guess i see what you're saying Meyero. I guess the keyword i missed was "calculated"

Hm...could you clarifiy question 13? I kind of have an idea but i'm not too sure.

meyero

HSC
KungPow said:
Hm...could you clarifiy question 13? I kind of have an idea but i'm not too sure.
It seems pretty simple to me - lower than expected growth is a cyclical factor and would lead to less government revenue and so the budget surplus would decrease or the deficit would increase

miffytoki

HSC
the answers our school gave us for that were

CDDCBADABABBACBDACAC

these worked fine for me.

miffytoki

HSC
for question 4...meyero has me confused...i got answer C...but correct me if i'm wrong

Meyero is right in a way i guess......but c is the best answer cos its not in terms of assets.......Meyero also said that:

net foreign liabilities (net debt plus net equity) =
Total Foreign Liabilities (gross debt plus gross equity) - Total Foreign Assets (gross debt plus gross equity).

now according to this, the LHS is the definition of net foreign liabilities ( the answer to the question on the paper)
and cos we know LHS= RHS (by definition), we know that in essence all the RHS is doing, is doing what the LHS is doing....now the LHS is just adding up net debt and net equity...which is the answer...in essence its a simplified version of --> ( Total Foreign Liabilities - Total Foreign Assets). even if the question is a calculation, thats how u calculate foreign liabilities....

???

Last edited:

KungPow

HSC
Question again: #11
I thought inflation (thats what it would be) distorts the allocation of resources? Well that's what i've read anyway. I never really understood that. But then, why is the answer B?

miffytoki

HSC
i'm not sure i have trouble in this area too...... i think the the new tax system in 2000 where GST was extended to include goods and services reduced the distortment of allocation as well..i think this is because previously there was only taxes placed on sales items such as cars and other certain goods (no services yet). This changed the prices of certain goods and made suppliers divert resources into other certain areas (with less or no tax)....when the GST was imposed to include alot more items including food and services, and because it's scope was widened so much it allowed market forces of supply and demand to allocate resources, as now everything was effected, thereby reducing the distortment of allocation of resources.....i think thats right....not too sure tho...this type of q i think will only be in multiple choice....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)