2004 cutoff? (1 Viewer)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
ppls... jus wondering how high the cutoff this yr'll be... it hasnt moved in 2yrs... will it rise this yr?
thanks

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hmph! FINE! if i dun make mid-99s i'm gonna do med. >.<

*begs dean ronny to let me in*

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
last year it was meant to be 99.5 ...however unsw made an admin error and let too many people in ...ie why it stayed at 99.3
how did you find that out???

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Frigid I hope you failed your interview :p
that's not a very nice thing to say lexi, especially with moi newcastle interview tomolo... :(
don't like you now...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:( Sorry Fridge (pun intended). You know I wish you the best, as long as I still get in. ;) Good luck tomorrow, and congrats on getting 2 PM! :D

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
99.5/99.6... u srs...
sorri... but i sincerely hope ur wrong... gona break lota ppls dreams if its dat high.. sigh...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Just as a FYI note, I'm not sure how accurate this cut-off rumour is... for the cut-off to have been 99.50, they would have needed to limit their RSL intake to around 100 students. Compare this with the actual number of offers made - almost 300 (approx 1/3 of which were transfers).

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
its just a rumor i that i heard...
hehe, inside info

Originally posted by Lazarus
Just as a FYI note, I'm not sure how accurate this cut-off rumour is... for the cut-off to have been 99.50, they would have needed to limit their RSL intake to around 100 students. Compare this with the actual number of offers made - almost 300 (approx 1/3 of which were transfers).
i think usyd had 250 places last year, of which 30 were 99.95 or above

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
for the cut-off to have been 99.50, they would have needed to limit their RSL intake to around 100 students.
what's RSL?

1 more

fructis
HSC
Returned Services League?

(sorry...) ;)

Just as a little footnote in my limited experience of UAI rumours, they tend to be true. I remember timmii telling me the rumours she had heard on these very forums about the probable 2003 cut-off's, and I was just as dismissive as you all. (But as history goes to show, she proved me wrong... of course!)
So what I am really trying to say is that everyone should take the opportunity in this anxiety-ridden period to spread these rumours with the authority of a UAC statistician. Go on freak your friends out!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Omg! your memory's incredible! *I* don't even remember those rumours :confused: Though I do remember checking my marks against everyone else's on here and feeling sick at how i was going to miss my course's (rising ;)) cutoff.

Mmmmh rumours are meant to freak u out, even if they're true. If the threat was bodily harm I'd say it was assualt ;)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
newcastle interviews were alright - it was more structured than unsw and there are hypotheticals *hint-hint* (should i really be telling you, who are my competition, this?)...

newais, the train trip was dodgey and a painful experience for me and my butt, and i got lost on the local train line... long story... oh, and those local trains are two-carriage long :( and old and smelly :(

the campus is v.v.v.v.v. leafy... too many trees methinks... oh, and most likely me not going coz me gonna miss moi family and friends... :( as i said to mum (who was with me), who the heck can i get sushi in this sushi bar-forsaken place? (sorry i offend any newcastle ppl)...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
i think usyd had 250 places last year, of which 30 were 99.95 or above
Yes, that's about right.

Originally posted by Frigid
what's RSL?
Recent school leaver; i.e. excludes transfers etc.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah, so basically RSL = us.

Wow...does this mean that if you make the cutoff you are offered a place? Or do people with the marks still have a chance of missing out?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The cut-off is defined by the UAI of the last student given an offer.

You can't say whether you'll receive an offer or not based on past cut-offs, because they're all going to be recalculated.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah, I see. That makes more sense, I wish people had told us that.

With talk of "cut-offs" it always seems that they determine the lowest UAI they will accept, then send out offers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)