• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2004 Cutoffs released (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
i completely agree ;_______; argh.

my friend did his hsc in 2000, arts at UNSW/usyd was only in the SIXTIES then O___o
i told all my friends (well, not ones that are uber smart) to put one or two preferences that have a cut off least 5uai below thei uai mark cos no one knows how high it can jump this yr with the increase number of applicants + government funding issues..

well..i guess i was the only one that listened to that adviced :\

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by evilc
there is a much easier way, you could just finish first in your course overall for the duration of your degree :p
now that's wayyyy too hard... :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
As some people were saying previously, a lot of UTS courses dropped! Especially communications (thank god for me!)... I'd love to know why this was the case.... maybe communications isn't as popular amoung people this year or something....

Chris462

can someone fill me in on why people bother doing arts degrees? i thought they were pretty useless unless you wanted to transfer into a course you didnt make the cut for, a year after...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
jezzmo: well, if you didn't call the gong people back, and you also missed out on the cut-off mark.. then i don't see why they'd offer you a place at wollongong, that would be just like going "oh yeah let's give jezzmo a place even though he couldn't be fucked returning our call" aye?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i dunno, i don't think they have the right to do that.. tha's just bloody rude.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
silly boy you are jezzmo... you should always put your number one choice as your first preference..., bloody priorities ay :p

well hopefully they wont give you a place BUT if they were willing to back then then maybe there is a place reserved for you... was that like some sort of prelim round offer? or was this totally different?

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
As some people were saying previously, a lot of UTS courses dropped! Especially communications (thank god for me!)... I'd love to know why this was the case.... maybe communications isn't as popular amoung people this year or something....
Communication went up here in Canberra - it was actually our biggest increase, especially the double degrees

Economics/Comm went from 76.3 to 98.XX

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
it's kinda humorous to know that my getting into uni depends on not getting an offer from wollongong. i like the course and the uni but living expenses would be impractical.
true that... some people may call you caraaaazy!

and shit... why would you move from a place like sydney to wollongong anyway :uh:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
but did you want to do the course at wollongong more than the one at mac? as in looking just at the course and not the practicality...??

edit- just read your post again and they are both it... never mind

um i think you can get the paper some time tonight from selected service stations just as when hsc merit list things came out...

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahaha gotta love the closeness of mac ay!!!!!! 10 minuted ride? so that would be what 25 minute walk if you DONT learn how to ride a bike in the next month or so :p

i think the paper lists (by surname) what course and uni everyone got into...

santaslayer

HSC
yea...just read Minai's post ...seems like he knows everything about the structure and organisation of the newspapers

vanity

HSC
quite a few design degrees at UTS dropped..

acu skyrocketed :'(

~Dreamer

HSC
argh...missed out first pref, missed out on 2nd pref by .15 .... and third pref sky rocketed by 7 points! :( ... i am numb :cold:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
7 points?! that's huge, and missing it by such a small margin is awful :(

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
:( poor you!!

which course went up by the most points?
was it arts at UWS? (eight points!!!!)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
primary teaching at acu went down.. interesting (88 to 85.35)
i dont get it why some courses have like the same name but they have way different uais (for example b of education primary 78.00 and 85.35 at acu or b theology 60.7 and 75.05.. this is just at acu)
how do u know the difference

~Dreamer

HSC
depends on the nature of the course, one course could be offered full time or part time or distance education. uai cut offs vary in accordance to demand of that nature.... do u get me?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)