2004 Enrolment Details (20th - 23rd Jan) (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
They use the same photo from initial enrolment to graduation, it's kept on file. So don't dress like a dag when you enrol or your ID will suck!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
When I went to have my photo taken I asked the guy if we got a new photo each year and when he said no I was like "Oh no and I'm having a bad hair day!".... he must have thought I was an airhead lol....

The RTA could learn a lot from the people that take the UTS photos lol.....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The RTA photo is more secure. I have a feeling that the photos are deliberately "softened" (made blurry) for security, and to make them blend with the card. The smaller photo (under your name and address) is sharper but more faint. Comparing the two allows an assessment of the cards authenticity to be made.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
"softened" is good... covers up pimples, bad hair day, freckles, and all those other bad things lol.

I look confused in my RTA photo lol, it's funny.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok, I'm on the other computer now (the clunker, but it has a scanner). For those who are interested, this is what a UTS Student Card looks like.

edit: modified to satisfy the spammer I mean freaking_out :p

Last edited:

Jinglebell

HSC
I like my student card photo, and I was fairly happy that I decided to get my hair cut the day before enrollment instead of after...the only problem is that the student card doesn't have birthday on it so I still have to use my licence to prove that I'm 18:(

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Ok, I'm on the other computer now (the clunker, but it has a scanner). For those who are interested, this is what a UTS Student Card looks like.
btw, u forgot to wipe out the barcode- some one can print that out and use it u know. :D ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Not really, because they won't accept a standalone barcode. It's not like a student number where you can just recite it. People get suspicious when you tell them to type in barcodes :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Not really, because they won't accept a standalone barcode. It's not like a student number where you can just recite it. People get suspicious when you tell them to type in barcodes :p
no, but someone might b able to print it out and then stick it on their card- or they might have one of those "card maker" machines, and use your barcode to make a counterfeit card. :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:rolleyes: well I can't be bothered. I won't be liable anyway, since my card hasn't actually left my wallet (as far as they know ;)).

Dave85

HSC
u look different to wat i imagined you to look like Lexicographer

Dave85

HSC
Thats a good question! ...i have no idea wat i imagined u to look like. Don't take it down tho, its a good foto.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
It can't be all that good. It has me in it. I'll admit it looks better than the norm though. Anyway, I think I'll take it down after O-week. Or day, whatever.

Dave85

HSC
r u guys going the whole of O week or r u just going randdom days?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Dave85
r u guys going the whole of O week or r u just going randdom days?
i'll b going to the whole O-week...but then again , sydney uni. only runs for 3 days, so u can't call it a week can u? :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)