2005 CSSA Business Studies Trial (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Good luck everyone sitting the CSSA trial this wed at 9am-12pm

Discuss it here afterwards

Lazarus said:
Attention all students wishing to discuss or to otherwise review the 2005 CSSA trial papers.

The reproduction of entire examination papers constitutes an infringement of the copyright in the work: s 36 of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). It is not permitted. To this end, I have removed all links to whole examination papers.

Reproducing a "reasonable portion" of the exam for the purposes of research or study may be permissible: s 40. Note that the relevant purpose is that of the person who is reproducing the work; it is not sufficient to be publishing the work for the research or study of others. Unless you are personally asking for assistance with a specific question, any reproduction of the paper is likely to be an infringement.

Infringement may also be avoided where portions of the exam are reproduced for the purposes of criticism or review: s 41. It is not sufficient to merely reproduce questions for the critique and review of the public at large; the criticism or review must be genuine and must have a real connection with the reproduction. You would need to be personally undertaking some sort of critique or review of particular questions.

Solutions which are wholly the work of students may continue to be published.

Last edited by a moderator:

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
I thought it was alright...Just the last bit of the finance question in the short answer section was a bit weird...but apart from that I thought it was ok

frootloop

HSC
it was ok.

except i'm not so sure about that debt to equity ratio...i'm starting to think that i should have done the gearing ratio instead- slightly easier...what did you get for that ratio?

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
frootloop said:
it was ok.

except i'm not so sure about that debt to equity ratio...i'm starting to think that i should have done the gearing ratio instead- slightly easier...what did you get for that ratio?

Debt to equity ratio? where in the exam was that? I thought that question was about the Current ratio.

Nah debt to equity ratio is quite easy...Just think debt = liabilities and equity = owners equity...

So Debt to equity = Total liabilities : Owners Equity​

Basically the formula itself tells you what it is ^_^

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Kabeio said:
Did you do owner's equity minus drawings???
No...I did current ratio...

Current ratio= current assets / current liabilities...

Just the net profit ratio...

NP = Net profit / sales x 100

i didn't know how to calculate the 'sales' from the balance sheet.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
wtf???

im talking about the gearing question, where in the cssa did we have to do a net proift ratio

frootloop

HSC
Kabeio said:
Did you do owner's equity minus drawings???
yes i certainly did.

i ended up with 3.75 : 1

not sure if its right though

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
that was a ok exam exept when it got to that gearing question and the financial stuff. it was just as boring as a normal business period :D

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
maybe they replaced our question...because we didn't get that

Kabeio

k.
HSC
frootloop said:
yes i certainly did.

i ended up with 3.75 : 1

not sure if its right though
yeh m8, i got like 5.3:1 or something, i wasnt sure if it was right, cause it seemed very high

bootyfulz

blonde at heart..
HSC
how do you work out the sales from the balance sheet? cuz i just left it out.. i was totally clueless..

frootloop

HSC
bootyfulz said:
how do you work out the sales from the balance sheet? cuz i just left it out.. i was totally clueless..
uh...well u can't i don't think. in a blance sheet there are assets, liabilities and owners' equity...i don't think u can really work sales out from a blance sheet- you need a revenue statement or cashflow statement...

yoshimanu

Our Deepest Fear...
HSC
Kabeio said:
yeh m8, i got like 5.3:1 or something, i wasnt sure if it was right, cause it seemed very high
what is drawings anyways? i dont rmember coming across it at all 0.0
i got about 2.7 or something

getting it wrong you would only lose one mark eh? isnt it like maths that you get a mark for attempt?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
yoshimanu said:
what is drawings anyways? i dont rmember coming across it at all 0.0
i got about 2.7 or something

getting it wrong you would only lose one mark eh? isnt it like maths that you get a mark for attempt?
drawings is where the owners take out cash etc. for their own use i think. Thats why i did owners capital minus drawings, because the owner is taking out a certain amount from their capital contribution.

Yeh, might get 1 mark if ur wrong, depending on what ur tracher is like i guess

frootloop

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Net profit ratio? I hope I didn't miss a question!?

I did the gearing/debt to equity ratio. I got 3.75:1. :)
Yay!!!

<virtual high fives hYperTrOphY>

2005 edition

HSC
N/A
OK..can someone who is 'confident' in their ansa tell me what thay got? bcoz i got 2.5:1 and i awsnt too confident on that...
And what did you guys say for the strategies to improve gearing?...i had noe idea!!
I sed utilise JIT inventory control and cut down oon borrowings..

Kutay

University
HSC
hmm i thought that test was sooooooooooo hard..... but didn't really get much time to study for it :( all i needed was a day heh oh well screwed that one up

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
2005 edition said:
OK..can someone who is 'confident' in their ansa tell me what thay got? bcoz i got 2.5:1 and i awsnt too confident on that...
And what did you guys say for the strategies to improve gearing?...i had noe idea!!
I sed utilise JIT inventory control and cut down oon borrowings..
I'm quite confident that the answer was 3.75:1
If you use A=L+OE, you find that A=190 and L=150 --> OE=40
Therefore the ratio is 150/40 = 3.75:1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)