2005 History Extension Major Project Topics (2 Viewers)

Sim0n

HSC
I'm still pretty undecided as to my topic so I better get a move on. I know its probably overdone but I was thinking of doing something about the causes of WWI - obviously i'd have to refine it somewhat but there's a lot of info out there pertaining to the topic. That, or maybe Haig - Brilliant Commander or Blundering Butcher?

Acid

HSC
Sim0n said:
Brilliant Commander or Blundering Butcher?
One of my mates at Grammar did exactly that topic in 2003 and got 100% for it. You wouldn't happen to have rorted his essay would you?

Sim0n

HSC
Acid said:
One of my mates at Grammar did exactly that topic in 2003 and got 100% for it. You wouldn't happen to have rorted his essay would you?
Nup, but I go to Grammar so maybe Gauntson mentioned it and i just regurgitated it. I knew people had done work on Haig, but I didn't think it was the exact same. Either way, I don't suppose you keep in contact with this guy?

Acid

HSC
Sim0n said:
Nup, but I go to Grammar so maybe Gauntson mentioned it and i just regurgitated it. I knew people had done work on Haig, but I didn't think it was the exact same. Either way, I don't suppose you keep in contact with this guy?
Yeah I do but I doubt he'd send you his essay :)

Sim0n

HSC
Acid said:
Yeah I do but I doubt he'd send you his essay :)

I wasn't going to ask for the essay, i'm not that lazy. I was, on the otherhand, going to ask for some good sources that he used as that would put me on the right track.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
is there any possible way that one can obtain accounts from people back in 1483 london?

miss_taken

well im stuck 2!! but ive got a few topics that seem intrestin..i guess u can work out a question from these topics coz theres a lot of controversy goin on about em.

**Princess Diana’s death - was she murdered?
**The Holocaust - did it really happen?
**Americas trip to the moon - was it a hoax?
**September 11 - a huge government coverup?
**UFOs - do they exist?
**Nelson Mandela’s past as a terrorist - still an evil?
**The seige of masada
**slavery in america - the african views on it

im thinkin of doin nelson mandela..because some of the others seem too recent for any historian views.
hope this helped

oh n about the views from old london..try the state library..theyve got accounts n articles from god knows when..try their site www.sl.nsw.gov.au if dat doesnt help call em up... 02 9273 1414

Last edited:

miss_taken

hey emo_chick..well i was watchin da history channel ..n they showed this documentry on the romanovs death.. n its believed that anastasia is actually dead..her remains were found..infact it was her sister mary (i think dat was her name) dat was actually missing..n a lot of historians have commented on it n stuff..soo if ur still stuck i think u shuld try it..all da best!

a8o

HSC
Nice to see we've got some conspiracy theorists among us :p. Or not....how can one argue the Holocaust didn't happen?

I'm working on colonialisation - how the Biritish empire ruled the world. I'm narrowing it down to a single country, probably.

emo_chick

HSC
changed my topic from the exodus to Hiroshima..is that a good idea...?
I'm thinking..Was Hiroshima Necessary? (to stop the war?)

Comment???

emo_chick

HSC
miss_taken said:
hey emo_chick..well i was watchin da history channel ..n they showed this documentry on the romanovs death.. n its believed that anastasia is actually dead..her remains were found..infact it was her sister mary (i think dat was her name) dat was actually missing..n a lot of historians have commented on it n stuff..soo if ur still stuck i think u shuld try it..all da best!
Thanx! This (ext. history) is harder than i thought!

Mm_cookies

Banned
HSC
well, im doing the romantiscm of cleopatra's death over time! i was stuck for a long time and have only decided indefinitely in the last 3 weeks! before i was goin to do polands involvement in world war 2 and why it has been discredited so much!

Demandred

HSC
I hope this isn't too late.

I don't know if this has been pointed out or not, but please make sure you have access to some solid historical sources and historians. Some of my class mates dropped out last year because they simply went head first into their chosen topics. After several months and beyond the point of no return, they just gave up, the prime reason was simply that they can't find solid sources. Obvious or not, you guys should really spend a few weeks briefly researching your options and it's sources, then finalise your topics.

Oh yeah.. Anyone ancient people doing Hatshepsut, her riegn and relationship with Thutmose III? That's a bloody gold mine :D.

Last edited:

miss_taken

omg..tell me about it!..i think ive been thru a billion topics n im still not sure on wot 2 do! its soo frustrating...

emo_chick

HSC
ohh jeeze..i havent started my propsal and its due like in wk 2 when we come back!!! =(
i just found out that i cant do my topic/question because its in the modern history syllabus!!! (i dont do modern). its sucks big time coz i have so much info on it!!!!
I wanted to do if the atomic bombs should have been dropped in Hiroshima?
Does anyone know anyway i can get around it or anything?

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I need help!!! (i know everyone does..sori if i seem selfish)

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
emo_chick said:
ohh jeeze..i havent started my propsal and its due like in wk 2 when we come back!!! =(
i just found out that i cant do my topic/question because its in the modern history syllabus!!! (i dont do modern). its sucks big time coz i have so much info on it!!!!
I wanted to do if the atomic bombs should have been dropped in Hiroshima?
Does anyone know anyway i can get around it or anything?

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I need help!!! (i know everyone does..sori if i seem selfish)
Is your teacher really strict and won't let you do it? Because usually teachers let you do topics that are in the syllabus if they know you aren't studying that.

emo_chick

HSC
waterfowl said:
Is your teacher really strict and won't let you do it? Because usually teachers let you do topics that are in the syllabus if they know you aren't studying that.
Well..not super strict..she's nice and all i think because 1) there's onli like 10 ppl doing ext hist. and 2) im not in her modern class and i do ancient. but i think she's just following the rules or something.
But I thought we werent allowed if it's just in the syllabus. Can we? Cause if we can I'll brainwash her into letting me!

Last edited:

illmatic

NaS
HSC
emo_chick said:
Well..not super strict..she's nice and all i think because 1) there's onli like 10 ppl doing ext hist. and 2) im not in her modern class and i do ancient. but i think she's just following the rules or something.
But I thought we werent allowed if it's just in the syllabus. Can we? Cause if we can I'll brainwash her into letting me!

firstly why are you so worried about it being due week 2 back when the holidays finish in like 3 weeks? you got PLENTY of time

emo_chick

HSC
illmatic said:
firstly why are you so worried about it being due week 2 back when the holidays finish in like 3 weeks? you got PLENTY of time
yeh i guess your right! but my main focus is this and im such a slow thinker! i have so much other homework and assessments i havent done, esp. for ancient..i have 6 essays (she gave us a booklet of questions) to do and i havent started =( oh well...i'll prob leave everything last minute as always so i shouldnt bother worrying ay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)