2005 HSC Art Major works (3 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Egronk said:
Basically, it is an exploration of The Wall in all its forms, as a physical barrier to keep people in, as a physical barrier to keep people out, as a canvas, as a symbol of power, as a decorative structure, and in its mental form, as mental barriers.
Oh my. I love you.

If you feel like some more wall, check out my deviantART account - by clicking here. You might just love me too :cool:

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
ooh they look like FUN. Its like.. street art on modern urbania?

Spose everyone's already hit the books?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Oh my. I love you.

If you feel like some more wall, check out my deviantART account - by clicking here. You might just love me too :cool:
Marry me?

I love anyone with that much skill both with the camera and with the mouse.

Your eye for the subtle contrast, colour, definition etc. is amazing.

I swear I saw so many works that didn't reach their potential because people autocontrasted instead of doing it themselves.

And yeah, i'm adding you to msn.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Egronk said:
Marry me?

I love anyone with that much skill both with the camera and with the mouse.

Your eye for the subtle contrast, colour, definition etc. is amazing.

I swear I saw so many works that didn't reach their potential because people autocontrasted instead of doing it themselves.

And yeah, i'm adding you to msn.
Well thanks very much! What a lovely complement :)

I agree about the autoconstrasting business - I never ever do that. I feel that by doing it manually you can achieve such better results.... especially doing it manually with selections.

Look forward to chatting to you some time :)

Superstar44

HSC
Artworks i had a peak

Hi just saw this thread, i feel kinda sad that prac area of art is gone now... and my body of work is gone i went to deleiver it at homebush with my teacher me and a couple of my art friends went to the marking centre it was awesome... seeing so many there at the horrible place btw if ppl don't know it's at the homebsuh place easter show ground right at the back where they keep the cattle ...... now u know why they are always complaining about the area they ahve to mark.. anywyaz i saw many artworks it was like wow!!!... we were like wow.... it felt like we were the only students ever to be there.... from wat i saw it was intresting stuff..... wish we could all display our artworks..... anywayz my artwork leaving it there on the table next to my friend was heart wrentching it was almost like i was losing half of me..... mine came in a huge box i desgned myself and the last thign i did was i srayed my pefume i had with me so the aroma helps with dealing with the nasty conidtions.... then we were ushered out of the centre...i saw how they were unwrapping too.. gosh i felt like saying ok be more gentle... and i wonder what happens to allt hat bubble wrap and brown wrapping paper ... i will post my artwork up latter... for others to see..

nookie

HSC
i'm getting worried

i think for my bow the markers will need to look at my vapd

and my vapd has photos of the final result (at home), taken and dated on the 30th.

the deadline was 29th. will they do something about it?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
cool, i really like it.

I did alot of work with barcodes so i am really feeling that theme.

It looks resolved and concise, i am a big fan.

How did you go internally?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
The only thing i am a little critical of, and don't take this personally, as i said, i am a big fan, some of the words in the barcodes I find a tad cliche, but that could just be because of my past experiance with this type of work, as i said.

But yeah, still a big fan, good luck, i'm sure you'll do ace,

peace.

Superstar44

HSC
My Artwork

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2236/dscn11544tz.jpg

Or go to this link

[img=http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2236/dscn11544tz.th.jpg]

well here;s my artwork also has music..... wat ya guys think?

well i got 45 otta 50 mmmmm not the best mark very low actually cuz i'm used to gettin 100% but it was all my fault i pissed the teacher off by not doing work .. and then doing it in the last 2weeks... not bad i do say so myself.... i beat all those others who worked consitently but still got 45... i kinda ruined myself.. alwell.. i just hope dj's david jones art express picks me

Last edited:

phatchance

HSC
Egronk said:
This is not actually the finished product, I added more blocks and stuff.

Also, you can't really see it from these flicks, but the oppersite side of each block shows a close up of the photo on the reverse. I'll show you what i mean.

so like, on side of the brick, there is:

and on the other:

and like:

Wow.

I have never seen an artwork that has touched me so deeply.

I connect on both a physical and metaphysical level.

Although your piece is in its physical embodyment a wall, it has removed the bounds, or "wall" from my imagination and subcouncious being.

My computer monitar is infact a projector, thus this juxtaposition of a wall against another wall blew my mind and has enlightened me to the boundries that have contained my everyday movements and for me is the epitome of man's strugle against man, man's struggle against nature, and man's struggle himself.

Tell me if you make art express, as i would love to witness it in it's physical manifestion.

nookie

HSC
Superstar44 said:
My Artwork

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or go to this link

[img=http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2236/dscn11544tz.th.jpg]

well here;s my artwork also has music..... wat ya guys think?

well i got 45 otta 50 mmmmm not the best mark very low actually cuz i'm used to gettin 100% but it was all my fault i pissed the teacher off by not doing work .. and then doing it in the last 2weeks... not bad i do say so myself.... i beat all those others who worked consitently but still got 45... i kinda ruined myself.. alwell.. i just hope dj's david jones art express picks me
wow superstar, your work is impressive. i reckon you will get into art express and it suits DJ's. i can't work out the theme though! something related to fashion i'm assuming?

nwatts

HSC
nookie said:
because mine is a sculpture that contains lots of detail and stuff
Ah, of course. All sculpture work with lots of detail and stuff gets diaries called for. My bad.

Superstar44

HSC
Do you see what I see?

nookie said:
wow superstar, your work is impressive. i reckon you will get into art express and it suits DJ's. i can't work out the theme though! something related to fashion i'm assuming?

thanx... there is music with it two... i just hope and pray it gets in... dj's would be so lovely... and it's to do with fashion and having to comply to fashion, the title is "Individuality is just a purchase away!!!"

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
nwatts said:
Ah, of course. All sculpture work with lots of detail and stuff gets diaries called for. My bad.

ahahahahaha, harsh!

tanka

HSC
I signed up just then, impressed with the quality of the artworks in this thread. I thought i'd show off my own.

http://www.boomspeed.com/tanka/collectionbow.jpg

It's a collection of comic book covers I appropriated digitally to recontextualise them. (they were originally 1940s captain america covers) I submitted them as A3 prints framed in two seperate frames. (in groups of 3) I also submitted an animation which I hate.

I apologise for the quality in the link, I had to reduce the quality for bandwidth purposes. :p

nwatts

HSC
I like your work tanka. I'd like to have some of that hung around my house. :)

Do you have the animation as a gif or a movie? You must post it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)