2005 HSC Art Major works (1 Viewer)

MandiMoo

HSC
echo said:
hey guys, ive just started my bow, but ive got some photos up, so tell me what you think please, im open to suggestions because its still in its initial stages.

its outside the specifications already and im planning to make more pods, but im not really that worried atm anyway

http://riganti.deviantart.com/gallery/

thanks

What the hell is that, I'm not saying its bad or anything its interesting but what the hell is it???

*ashlea*

HSC
Aargh! my teachers have been saying my BOW was great the whole way thru.. i got full marks for it in the 2nd last internal assessment.. Then all four of the art teachers at my school marked it for the final internal assessment and i only got 41/50... one of the teachers didn't like it much... the only male teacher in fact.. and scared all the others into giving me a mediocre mark! none of them could give me a reason why this mark was so much lower.. they just said "do another drawing, by monday..." which i have to somehow get framed as well... grrr! im so annoyed at them right now... plus my trials don't finish til friday!! apparently thez nothing wrong with what ive done... so y the bad mark?

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
um - whoeveryouare - 41 is not mediocre its band six and one "mediocre" mark in an internal assessment is not important. VA is very subjective an dtherefore it is hard to get bad marks.

echo

stop making sense
HSC
mossup said:
i agree, how can we comment if we have no idea what we are really looking at? whats your concept? It looks cool, but really creepy!

yes i know i didnt tell you exactly what they are, only because i wanted to see how people intrepreted them, but the pods are symbolic of the human soul and im exploring what happens to it after we die i guess. i just need more photos to show this, so tomorrow im going into the butcher to take some more photos and at the hospital and cemetry and probably some to do with the ocean. my work was internally marked last friday and i ended up getting 98, so im not really that worried anymore because i was stressing out about my concept, and today im finishing a larger pod, about 1.5m high, which are made completely out of ink on paper, so do you think the concept ties in well with the images so far? and its going into documented forms so im submitting all the pods and some other things that ive done so far.

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
How are people framing drawings? I was just thinking backing it on black cardboard or with a cut out frame..

get_born

Leah.Midd said:
yeha im getitn mine mounted, not frame dbecause ur not allowed to have glass in any of the framing
are you serious? its not a drawing though - its a huge mosaic out of little magazine bits

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
echo said:
yes i know i didnt tell you exactly what they are, only because i wanted to see how people intrepreted them, but the pods are symbolic of the human soul and im exploring what happens to it after we die i guess. i just need more photos to show this, so tomorrow im going into the butcher to take some more photos and at the hospital and cemetry and probably some to do with the ocean. my work was internally marked last friday and i ended up getting 98, so im not really that worried anymore because i was stressing out about my concept, and today im finishing a larger pod, about 1.5m high, which are made completely out of ink on paper, so do you think the concept ties in well with the images so far? and its going into documented forms so im submitting all the pods and some other things that ive done so far.

wow i think thats a really unique idea. i like the way you have approached it through the use of the pods. They tie in well with natures own Chrysalis' in the way it represents life with the pupa. very cool indeed. !

Guy_0

HSC
heyys i was wondering...what type of scenery would symbolise the season spring?

Insouciance

HSC
Green with lots of colour for flowers - gardens always remind me of spring.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
How are people framing drawings? I was just thinking backing it on black cardboard or with a cut out frame..
My teacher said that a backing of normal cardboard isn't good enough - apparently when they look at the work, they put it on an easel like stand. If its on normal cardboard, the drawing will flop over and look kinda flimsy.

We're glueing it with spray adhesive onto these "straw boards" or something and then either buying or cutting out our own frames with normal cardboard.

nwatts

HSC
Yes indeed! No glass. A friend went to and got his stuff framed (in a glass frame). Incredibly disappointed that he couldn't add it.

But for framing/mounting. I'd recommend picking up some foam core board from an art supplies shop. It's quite cheap, but very effective when used to mount photos/drawings/etc..

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
that sounds good.
i bought a heap of black matte board that the professionals use to frame photographs and i am just going to double side tape it down to that.
but i am still not finished yet, i still have photos to print, <groan>
i am hoping that i can go to school on saturday to finish it all off totally!

get_born

nwatts said:
Yes indeed! No glass. A friend went to and got his stuff framed (in a glass frame). Incredibly disappointed that he couldn't add it.

But for framing/mounting. I'd recommend picking up some foam core board from an art supplies shop. It's quite cheap, but very effective when used to mount photos/drawings/etc..
The glass isnt part of the artwork its just so that its displayed nicely. But say you took the glass out - would you still be able to frame it?

nwatts

HSC
last_chance said:
The glass isnt part of the artwork its just so that its displayed nicely. But say you took the glass out - would you still be able to frame it?
According to our art teacher, yes. My friend had it framed and mounted. He's now taken the glass frame away and is presenting it on the mount that it came in.

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
we are using mount board - the same stuff you find inside mounted and framed works. and then covering the back of the mountboard with strawboard.
i got a lecture from my teacher about this so i thought i'd share: "lis! you don't get marked on the mounting!" so guys - stress less about how you mount your work

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't say it was exactly cheap...got a quote from several shops: approx $10 for an A4 size drawing! I'm too cheap to be bothered to do that...straw boarding from school and cutting out my own frames with newsagency cardboard. :rolleyes:

i got a lecture from my teacher about this so i thought i'd share: "lis! you don't get marked on the mounting!" so guys - stress less about how you mount your work
Lol - my teacher was stressing that we HAD to get our drawings mounted properly and looking professional...

nwatts

HSC
Wow, $10? That's kerazy.

The friend of mine (same one with the glass framing) picked up two A2 sheets and a few smaller ones for just under $40, if I remember right.

Mind you, my digital works cost a cool $300 to print off. Not so happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)