2006 Christmas Casuals (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
oi melimoo! What sort of discounts do you get?

sladehk

le random
HSC
Katie123 said:
i went for an interview for coles myer yesterday.... it went fine ...it was short and sweet but i dont think that i will get it cos my availavility is a bit impaired by clinical which goes u till 10 days before xmas and i'm up the central coast for it
what was the interview about?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
xmas casuals..i got through the grpo interview..now waiting to be placed somewhere i think...

HSC
i'm 17 and have not worked previously. i mean the only work experience i got was in year 10 which doesn't really count. so do i have good prospects of getting a job over Xmas?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
i applied for xmas casual at bras n things, went for the interview last week and got offered a job today. i'm excited, i need money.

ZabZu

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
i'm 17 and have not worked previously. i mean the only work experience i got was in year 10 which doesn't really count. so do i have good prospects of getting a job over Xmas?
The work experience in yr10 helps. The best thing you got going for yourself is that your relatively young and hence cheaper to employ.

Im looking for a job this summer too and im going to apply for positions asap. The longer we wait the fewer the jobs that are available.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
you're lucky you got work experience through school. my school was dodgy and only offered it to yr 10 leavers and people doing vet hsc subjects

law_stud

HSC
N/A
hey! say I was hired by Myers or DJs for a XMAS casual job ...

When you define XMAS casual, does that mean I'll be working EVERY DAY throughout the holidays if I put my availability as 7 days?

or are we rotating on shifts and stuff? like 3-4 days on / off or limited at 35hours?

:confused:

Zozo6969

HSC
unless u have told them u can, they cant make u work more than 5 days in a row. Availability is different to actually working, its just the times u are available for work. eg, im available thurs through to sunday, but only work on 2 of those days. There are different rosters for each week, and i think a casual cant work more than 38 hours a week without the worker telling them. BTW, dont think anyone can work over 48 hours in one week. there also has to be 10 hours at least b/w each shift. Eg, if you are closing on a thursday night at 12:30, you cant be rostered on again until 10:30 the next day.

ZabZu

HSC
law_stud said:
When you define XMAS casual, does that mean I'll be working EVERY DAY throughout the holidays if I put my availability as 7 days?

or are we rotating on shifts and stuff? like 3-4 days on / off or limited at 35hours?

:confused:
Casuals have no job security even if you work at a large company. So basically its flexibility for the employer as they can give you plenty of shifts when its busy and they'll either give you no shifts or fire you when business is quiet.

spillargroove

HSC
Has anyone applied for the David Jones Foodhall section? What is is actually like?

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
I just got a job at DJs as a christmas casual (oh my god why am I working?)...

I'm working in small electrical (I don't know what that is, so if you do, let me know - i'm curious!) :)

I applied online and straight away did a group interview. The interview was really short, only like 2 minutes one-on-one plus a couple of silly activities.

I didn't think I would get it because the HR girl was going on about all of the positions being already filled and a few of the girls at the group interview had been christmas casuals at DJs multiple times in the past (and I have zero work history).

Anyway, they gave me a job... training in a few weeks apparently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)