2006 UMAT results (1 Viewer)

jaykhu

HSC
Hey, I know theres another UMAT thread but that one dates back to 2005, so I think we should have a 2006 post.

So how did everyone go in the UMAT? scores were released yesterday.

My raw marks were: 61, 47, 68

and percentiles were: 90, 45, 97 (damn section 2 killed me)

I'm trying to get into UWS now, I wonder what my chances are if i get a 97 UAI.

how about you guys? and what are your prospects of entry into any med course?

Iplaybass

HSC
I finished VCE last year with a TER of 98.05 and a UMAT of 154 (44, 42, 75 RAW; 29, 26, 99 PERCENTILE) and managed to push it up a bit to 250 (49, 62, 68 RAW; 58, 95, 97 PERCENTILE). Does anyone know what my chances are at any med school in Australia?

btw, I didn't do physics so Tas is a no go
I'm studying at Monash so Monash and Adelaide are a no go
I've applied for the rest

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Might get an newcastle interview. UNSW is doubtful although dont lose hope. Melb is doubtful as they need high 99 ENTER with your umat.

This advice is pretty dodgy since we dont know your tertiary results. Credit average+ is fine for newcastle. For UNSW you'd need a gpa of around 6.4+ or so.

kcchippy

HSC
Hey guys :). When I got my UMAT I was bummed out for days man, I wouldn't even tell my parents, cos yeah I don't think I have a chance now but yeah I'll try for GAMSAT anyways, I'm a first year undergrad which limits my options more so yeah, anyways I digress. My Scores are below:

Score/Percentile:
1. 53 (73)
2. 62 (95)
3. 47(37)
Total 162 (205).
[Yeah I stuffed up section 3 pretty badly :S oh well]

My UAI was 99.45 and I had a credit average for 1st semester uni, so I had a pretty okay chance before I got my UMAT score. Ah well, guess it's 3 years of hardcore study and grad med for me1! =D.

jaykhu

HSC
velox said:
UAI is only a hurdle for UWS (92 uai). So getting 97uai wont make you any better than someone with 93uai
well i don't know about that, because at UNSW the higher your UAI, the lower the UMAT requirement. I would assume that if two people have the same UMAT score, the one with the higher UAI would get it, mainly because the whole selection process is based on taking the best. I'm not sure exactly how UWS would work but UNSW posted the UAI requirements for each UMAT score range on their site.

moz

Med Student
HSC
i think UWS is going same as Newcastle and UAI is a hurdle. at newcastle atleast, uai doesnt matter once your over hurdle. u get an interview based on umat, and get in based on interview, as long as ur uai is over 93. if 2 ppl tie on interview for the last place in med, then they go to UMAT scores to decide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)