Hehehe.
haha that's abit too long ago for my 'short term' memory to remember. :p

i do remember how the roosters didn't make the finals this yr though :D

HSC
mR.aCAdEMiK said:
haha that's abit too long ago for my 'short term' memory to remember. :p

i do remember how the roosters didn't make the finals this yr though :D
:(

Haha. I do remember though, as soon as we got a new coach (Freddy :D), we went from wooden spoon contenders, to almost making the Top 8! :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Haha. I do remember though, as soon as we got a new coach (Freddy :D), we went from wooden spoon contenders, to almost making the Top 8! :)
I am looking forward to next year seeing the Roosters lose some games and everyone realise that the good form towards the end of this year had nothing to do with Freddy as a coach.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea, 5 wins in a row is merely a coincidence. anyone can pull that off when they are the new coach. as for freddy winning more games in a short period than anderson in the whole time? well that's another piece of luck for freddy, isn't it?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I am looking forward to next year seeing the Roosters lose some games and everyone realise that the good form towards the end of this year had nothing to do with Freddy as a coach.
I thought you're not going to be watching or following the NRL anymore, as it's become so boring

HSC
stazi said:
I thought you're not going to be watching or following the NRL anymore, as it's become so boring
it beats the shit out of union.

civinoceva in a panthers jumper looks out of place.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
I did start watching it a lot less than usual towards the end of the season.

I am going to start watching it as usual next year under the assumption that it will be back to normal. If it gets shit again I will stop watching so much.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Are you fucking serious? Then what was it to do with? Like wuddie said, do you think it was a coincidence? Obviously Freddy brought a change of attitude to the players - and it was evident in how they played.

And why do you still come to this thread - you're always so fucking negative, and never have anything nice to say about anything.

iamsickofyear12 said:
I did start watching it a lot less than usual towards the end of the season.

I am going to start watching it as usual next year under the assumption that it will be back to normal. If it gets shit again I will stop watching so much.
Just curious, how many games of the Roosters did you watch with Freddy in charge?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Are you fucking serious? Then what was it to do with? Like wuddie said, do you think it was a coincidence? Obviously Freddy brought a change of attitude to the players - and it was evident in how they played.
It had to do with other teams being out of form or horribly inconsistent.

I'm sure their attitude was better, but it didn't make the difference in those games.

chocolate_lover said:
And why do you still come to this thread - you're always so fucking negative, and never have anything nice to say about anything.
It's not my fault that most of the teams and the competition in general were shit this year. When I see some form and consistency out of more than 1 team then I may have nice things to say.

chocolate_lover said:
Just curious, how many games of the Roosters did you watch with Freddy in charge?
I probably saw part of at least 5 of the 8 games he was there for.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ok capt anal, here's a trivia for you - judging by the crowd attendance from this season, there's more people who'd disagree with your negativity than ever before. but then again, democracy allows for freedom of speech, so please continue to demonstrate what a mindless moron you are by keep posting here.

freddy needs to put all that short-time glory from this season behind him. he needs to trust his instincts as well as his players. no one is going to expect too much from him this season, especially with wing and monaghan out of the side, so he can take his time and get it right for the long run.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It had to do with other teams being out of form or horribly inconsistent.

I'm sure their attitude was better, but it didn't make the difference in those games.
Round 17 vs Manly: 0-56
*New coach enters, if I'm not mistaken*
Round 18 vs Sharks: 23-12
Round 19 vs Knights: 17-20
Round 20 vs Storm: 26-16: against the most consistent team in the competition.
Round 21 vs Warriors: 31-31

I mean the fucking storm. How on earth were they inconsistent, or out of form during that period? Could it be that the Roosters simply became in-form because of a coaching change. I mean from a 56 point loss to a 11 point win takes more than luck

It's not my fault that most of the teams and the competition in general were shit this year. When I see some form and consistency out of more than 1 team then I may have nice things to say.

I probably saw part of at least 5 of the 8 games he was there for.
Ironic how that was also the time that you claimed you weren't watching any more games as the season was shit. Kind of strange for you to watch so many games played by a poor quality side, as you would put it, and during a boring time of the season.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
ok capt anal, here's a trivia for you - judging by the crowd attendance from this season, there's more people who'd disagree with your negativity than ever before. but then again, democracy allows for freedom of speech, so please continue to demonstrate what a mindless moron you are by keep posting here.
Crowd attendance proves nothing. I would put it down to the closeness of the competition, which had a lot to do with inconsistency by basically everyone.

Plenty of people who know more about rugby league than I do (former players, coaches and commentators) said many times throughout the year that the standard was down. This isn't just my opinion.

stazi said:
Round 17 vs Manly: 0-56
*New coach enters, if I'm not mistaken*
Round 18 vs Sharks: 23-12
Round 19 vs Knights: 17-20
Round 20 vs Storm: 26-16: against the most consistent team in the competition.
Round 21 vs Warriors: 31-31
Sharks weren't good for most of the year. Knights were absolutely horrible. Beating those two teams means absolutely nothing.

Yes they beat the Storm, who were the only consistent team throughout the season, but they didn't win that game because they were good. The Storm played badly. At that point they were almost assured of 1st spot. They got complacent and if you do that you can lose against any team.

The Warriors are not as good away from home.... and you might remember they also gave up something like a 16 point lead and almost lost that game.

stazi said:
Ironic how that was also the time that you claimed you weren't watching any more games as the season was shit. Kind of strange for you to watch so many games played by a poor quality side, as you would put it, and during a boring time of the season.
I was kind of half watching. Just keeping up with what was going on but doing other things.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
orly? knights were horrible. who wouldve thunk it. as for the storm playing badly: wouldn't that make them inconsistent. Or perhaps the roosters played such a tight game in defense, which limited the storm's options, which caused them to play badly?

Warriors were bad away from home? At that point they had 6 wins at home vs. 4 away: not a bad ratio, which is comparable to most other high performing teams historically.

You are so incredibly hypocritical. First you state that you refuse to watch any more games because they're so boring, then you state that you did watch the majority of the Rooster games during that period, then you state that you 'half watched' them, as you wanted to keep up with a season of rugby league that you were completely disinterested in.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
orly? knights were horrible. who wouldve thunk it. as for the storm playing badly: wouldn't that make them inconsistent. Or perhaps the roosters played such a tight game in defense, which limited the storm's options, which caused them to play badly?

Warriors were bad away from home? At that point they had 6 wins at home vs. 4 away: not a bad ratio, which is comparable to most other high performing teams historically.

You are so incredibly hypocritical. First you state that you refuse to watch any more games because they're so boring, then you state that you did watch the majority of the Rooster games during that period, then you state that you 'half watched' them, as you wanted to keep up with a season of rugby league that you were completely disinterested in.
It is possible to have 1 off game without being classified as inconsistent. They didn't win because they played such a tight game in defense.

There is more to consistency than win/loss ratio. The Warriors are not as good away from home.

Other people in my house watch them. I am in the room so I see what is going on. I didn't make any deliberate effort to watch the game but I did see what was happening enough to comment on it.

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
the reason the roosters won is coz of their cheap tactics. They put the storm's off their usual fluency in attack by being overly agressive, (which imo should have attracted more penalties).

Similarily to Brisbane who literally tried to 'bash up' the storm players, but brisbane are shit so they still lost.

btw don't know why everyone is criticising Fitler. I think he's an decent coach, he was certainly a good player.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yep, winning is really cheap. i support the storm, but rugby league is rugby league.

SyCoTiC

HSC
mR.aCAdEMiK said:
the reason the roosters won is coz of their cheap tactics. They put the storm's off their usual fluency in attack by being overly agressive, (which imo should have attracted more penalties).

Similarily to Brisbane who literally tried to 'bash up' the storm players, but brisbane are shit so they still lost.

btw don't know why everyone is criticising Fitler. I think he's an decent coach, he was certainly a good player.
If you have (or had) a brain at all and keep up with rugby league regularly you would know that Brisbane has had the largest injury toll they've suffered in their 20 years in the competition. They practically lost all their players in key positions, that is our first choice 1, 3, 6, 9 and utility. Their aim wasn't to put the Storm off the game but more or less forced to play a more one-dimensional game due to lack of creativity with the loss of key personnel. There's nothing cheap with winning. Winning is winning and you deserve every bit of it whether the other team was 'robbed' or not. Controversial decisions will always be made but the better team will eventually come out on top consistently and the Storm proved just that. Rugby league is a contact sport. We aren't playing tips-you're-it in the school playground. The Roosters were playing a brand of football I'd much rather watch compared to some of the soft stuff we've seen throughout the season.

Enough of that. This just game across the wire:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22690629-23214,00.html

Fantastic replacement for the Broncos. They've made some very good key signing this year so I'm hoping he add some mongrel flair into the Broncos to give us that bit of spark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)