2007 Paper- Chloride ions (1 Viewer)

Sassed

HSC
Hey just wondering if anyone is able to help me with question 27 of the 2007 paper. After having gone through 3 textbooks they only tell me hydrolysis when attached to lead? I'm assuming the the AgNO3 forms a ppt which is then filtered out but I am most likely way off. Thank you if anyone is able to help

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: 2007 Paper- Chloride ions

Chloride ions + Silver Nitrate -> White precipitate.

Obviously you'd use a known volume of solution (say, 100ml) and then precipitate out the chloride ion.

Filter it, measure the mass of the precipitate and use mole calculatinos to find the concentration.

c) Chloride ions can dehydrate the body when at high levels when consumed by humans. Chloride levels need to be measured in say, pool water to avoid irritation to eyes etc.

samwell

HSC
Re: 回复: 2007 Paper- Chloride ions

tommykins said:
Chloride ions + Silver Nitrate -> White precipitate.

Obviously you'd use a known volume of solution (say, 100ml) and then precipitate out the chloride ion.

Filter it, measure the mass of the precipitate and use mole calculatinos to find the concentration.

c) Chloride ions can dehydrate the body when at high levels when consumed by humans. Chloride levels need to be measured in say, pool water to avoid irritation to eyes etc.
what causes kidney stones?
doesnt the body have a gud enough buffer system to protest us from any intense HCl formation from reaction of Cl- with H2O?<just wondering> because when there is excessive CO2 in the blood the body uses the H2CO2+H2O<-->HCO3- + H3O+ buffer system.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: 2007 Paper- Chloride ions

samwell said:
what causes kidney stones?
doesnt the body have a gud enough buffer system to protest us from any intense HCl formation from reaction of Cl- with H2O?<just wondering> because when there is excessive CO2 in the blood the body uses the H2CO2+H2O<-->HCO3- + H3O+ buffer system.
when i say chloride ions can dehydrate our bodies, i specifically meant NaCl.

i don't knwo what cuases kidney stones, wiki it.

sorry for the confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)