2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Well Scholes will look like Gary Megson in 20 years. Poor bastard. I always though that the greatest manager of our generation who was also a great player would be Roy Keane. And look how that has gone so far.

Does Carragher have the balls to be a decent manager? He just seems too nice and unassuming imo. Like a Gareth Southgate. Who is the worst manager in the Premiership.

Carra does, but then again doesn't. He is a football fanatic and is literally obsessed with it to the point where he had to visit the clubs doctors and physiologists to help get his mind off it, there is no way he'd retire and not play a part in football. He wants to manage Liverpool and always plays on that idea, BUT, he does not want to tarnish his rep with the fans and the community incase he turns out to be a shit manager, which he wont. He doesn't wanna go down the same path as Souness did, but he'd love to do what King Kenny did, be sucusfful in both playing and managing

SM_Liverpool

HSC
i know.
its staggering that we were contemplating selling him last offseason.

very glad we didnt else he'd probably be leading arsenal into the title race right now :O
I think he would have dominated the Seria A if he went to Juve, he could have been another Pirlo. Very happy he stayed, as you said this season he has been 10/10 and has shitted on Lampard, Ballack and all of them.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Eh, slag him all you want, to me he is still one of the best CB'S in the game, some of the performances he has put in for us are up there with the best, nobody can deny that. I refer to the games againts Juve and Chelsea and Milan, many others too. He reads the game perfectly, I could go on and on as he is my fav player, but not many non-liverpudlians would agree with me, much would say Vidic, Rio, Terry, Carvahlo etc etc are all better.

HSC
Eh, slag him all you want, to me he is still one of the best CB'S in the game, some of the performances he has put in for us are up there with the best, nobody can deny that. I refer to the games againts Juve and Chelsea and Milan, many others too. He reads the game perfectly, I could go on and on as he is my fav player, but not many non-liverpudlians would agree with me, much would say Vidic, Rio, Terry, Carvahlo etc etc are all better.
i think you're deluded. sorry mate.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
i think you're deluded. sorry mate.

And why is that?
Because he is my fav player?
Or because I rate him as one of, ONE OF, the best cb's in the game?
Or because I said a few of his performances have been out of this world? If you had watched the 3 games, particularity ET on the 3rd match I stated, you couldn't really argue. i also included the fact that not many non Liverpool fans would agree with me on this, so clearly I am bias because he has been such an amazing player for us over the years. I dont see how that is deluded as it's opinion, and none of what I have stated is that hard to belie, but like I said I am a Liverpool fan so my perspective on him and our players will be diff. from yours, eg, I think Gerrard has been the best player in the world this season and deserves the PL player of the season award, I think Reina is the best keeper in the world, or one of, I think Masch is the best DM and I think Torres is the best forward in the world, and I obviously think Carra is one of, one of, the best backs in the world, Liverpool fans would probably agree with this, others wont, no issue.

Last edited:

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Alonso is a mixed bag for some though. I mean last season he was average, below that tbh. This season he has been immense, like I have said previously, and that is, like I said, A mixed bag. Judging on this season sure, he has been IMO the best CM/Playmaker in the world, but a lot of people tend to play him down throw in the Xavi is better, Lampard is better etc etc, and best pound for pound signing is your opinion matey, so yeh, not sure if you are trying to have a dig or what? But yeh he deserves a mention as I rate him and have rated him highly, despite a poor patch, similar to the Kuyt situation when his dad died etc etc.

Last edited:

SM_Liverpool

HSC
On other news a fee of 3mill euro's has been agreed for Voronin if they make it to the CL next season.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I'm not have a dig, just my opinion.

Gerrard is excellent at club level because he actually cares about Liverpool, Torres is epic. Mascherano not too sure about. Alonso has been treated so badly by Rafa over the years, its a wonder he was able to play decently at all. This season is the only time he has been a first choice midfielder, and look at the difference he makes. Stunning every single game. Never plays a bad ball, knows how to shut down opposition, can score the odd goal.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
Lol, im with you on the Xabi bit, but clearly you have not looked into Carragher enough, which is not a problem because you support Leeds. The man IS Liverpool, I cant describe it in words how much he "actually cares" about this club, and yes possibly this is the reason why I have such a romance with him and rate him so highly, it is a rating and respect I cannot describe. Bad example but it's like how some ppl still rate Owen highly and would just LOVE to have him back in a red shirt, there is no tactical or tittle benefiting reason behind it, it's just an unexplainable affection, though Carra does have tactical and team benefits behind it, so there is the difference.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
It has nothing to do with Leeds, I just don't rate him up there with the best. He is a competent loyal footballer who has made his way to the top without being great. I draw a direct line to Gary Neville.

SM_Liverpool

HSC
We are obviously never going to reach an agreement so I wont bicker about it and act like a bitch.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
ok. so, CBs seems to be the order of the day.

anyone game enough to name their top 5?

edit: mine would look something like this(in no particular order):

vidic, lucio, chiellini, carvalho, titus bramble.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)