2008 HSC drama students (1 Viewer)

booties4

HSC
Hey guys,

Just a thread to see how many BOS kids are doing drama for the 2008 HSC. How are you finding it so far? Any thoughts on your IP?

SOPHIE.

HSC
it actually feels really weird to be doing drama for the HSC. i dropped it at the beginning of year 9...and then was adamant about not doing it for preliminary. i don't know what changed my mind both of those times, but i do know that i'm so glad i've kept it.

we're getting all of the theory work out of the way first. so contemporary australian theatre & meyerhold in terms 4 and 1, and then we move on to group performance preparation.

i'm the only one in my class not doing performance for their IP. still choosing between costume and promotion...eep.

Rainy4

HSC
im doing drama for the hsc....and doing a monologue for IP most of my class is doing performance or script writing
right now we are working on Brecht theory and have been for about 5 weeks...i wish drama was more practicle than theory at my school

samwise1

Junior Vice President
HSC
Im doing drama and I am doing a performance for my Ip its hard finding a piece how is everyone else finding it??:confused:

icemanflam

HSC
So far year 12 drama has been pretty uneventful. I'm going to do performence for my IP but finding a decent monologue isnt an easy task.

S

Shiv.

hmm ip is a bitch and a half

im doing performance

and thought of doing something from the chapel perilous, i just realised thats on the hsc list, but we;re not studying that topic so can i do it? does anyone know???

Mel.Riot

HSC
I chose to do promotion since performance isn't my strongest point. I was struggling to decide whether to just do it and challenge myself.. but then I knew in the end I'd chicken out. I seriously don't like doing monologues, group performances ftw.
And I'm doing 'Top Girls' for my IP.

We're doing Australian drama and kind of boring since it's mainly theory. I have a speech on it next week though, nooo :(

KatPadackles

HSC
hey Mel.. My friend is also doing 'Top Girls'. Her name is Mel aswell :p

I'm doing perfomance, Found a monolouge in 'The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath'. It's really depressing, which i hate, but i couldn't find anything else so i guess i'm stuck with it.

Trying to finish of this Drama speech now. Extremely boring!

Quiff

HSC
drama has been pretty uneventful so far... we just finished the removalists and summer of the 17th.. our town and streetcar names desire is next..
doing peformance for IP.. but really stuffed for it.. completely stumped...
eh!

nagiha

HSC
Mother Fucker!
lol
Its so hard to find a monologue!
the net is shit, the books are shit, cant be fuked writing one!
ahhh
I found a monologue about hitler.
might give that a try lol.

blond!34eva

HSC
hey ! im doing drama for my hsc... im doing monologue... seriously if ur having trouble finding a good monologue . go to abbeys bookstore in the city , just across from the qvb they have a pretty good drama range... well compared to a dymocks .. ( who dont have jack all so dont bother) ...

Sinc

HSC
booties4 said:
Hey guys,

Just a thread to see how many BOS kids are doing drama for the 2008 HSC. How are you finding it so far? Any thoughts on your IP?
Hey i'm doin drama too. It's kind of boring at the moment. I can't wait for the group performance. For my IP i am doing a monologue but i have no clue wat it's going to be about. Wat are you thinkin for ya IP?

***Steph***

HSC
I almost did performance but also found it difficult finding an appropriate piece to fit the time bracket as well as something well written. If you go to
www.currencypress.com.au they are the "performing arts publisher" and have lots of plays etc. on there too

molly91

HSC
Hi, yeah, I'm doing Drama for HSC this year. I'm doing performance for my IP too. I've got a really solid idea and I'm in the process of drafting it out.
We're doing Contemporary Australian Theatre Practice using Ruby Moon by Matt Cameron and Seven Stages of Grieving by Wesley Enoch and Deborah Mailman.
This is really the first year we've had a qualified drama teacher so trying to catch up on the theoretical side sucks! Most of the class is pretty confused about what we're supposed to do.

shaya

HSC
is anyone doing seven stages of grieving who has any notes on 'Nana's story', I'm doing a monologue on it when school comes back and im at a bit of a loss...

HSC
hey yeah im doing drama, and performance for my IP.
so far we've covered Ruby Moon, Seven stages of grieving and we are now onto Antigone and Death of a Salesman.
im lucky that i have a really great drama teacher who is taking us to performances of all these plays (Ruby Moon was last year) as well as ONSTAGE and Lear for Adv. English.
i fully cannot find a monologue though, i'm thinking of piecing together Judi Dench's role in Notes on Scandal n butchering it to create my own. cant see me doing a good job tho:p

MelancholicDoll

HSC
G'day :)
Another performance IP for this one *waves* and, like the majority of you's, I'm stumped for ideas as well XD haha.

I find it funny how people think that Drama's a bludge subject... Little do they know -_-'

HSC
Group work...the concepts... sweet and sour, 1815, is it a bird is it a plane etc..

Anyone have any ideas for 1815? My group and I had this idea where its a house number and strange noises are coming from inside the house, big mystery, people are concerned.....then we found out a similar thing was shown on Las Vegas. :( Any ideas?

booties4

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Group work...the concepts... sweet and sour, 1815, is it a bird is it a plane etc..

Anyone have any ideas for 1815? My group and I had this idea where its a house number and strange noises are coming from inside the house, big mystery, people are concerned.....then we found out a similar thing was shown on Las Vegas. :( Any ideas?
I don't think your meant to have started your group work until next term :uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)