• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 NRL Premiership (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
well that was painful to watch. really crappy play by nsw, far too many errors, holes all over the place in defence so qld could just stroll through. hopefully once we're back on home turf and once the boys get focused on stopping them from winning the series we'll go better. im thinking of going along to origin 3, but i'll probably drop that idea once i see the ticket prices.

in other news, sbw confirms he's staying with the dogs. that's good for the club and for the league (need to keep the talent in oz instead of letting it go to europe), so good on him.

danthemanly

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
the following should gtfo of the nsw team

turner
wallace
buderus
hoffman
simpson
tupou
gidley

fitzgibbon shouldn't be playing at prop
bird shouldn't be playing at 5/8th

we need to bring in some proper prop forwards, eg bailey, ryles, o'meley, kite
Dude are you watching the same thing I am. Wallace is being trained by the best modern day player of the century (Andrew Johns). His kicking is one of the most accurate of possible NSW halves or five eights. He is in there making tackles and a forward running at him doesn't put him off balance. Plus I don't even support any qld teams.

However i do agree with turner hoffman simpson going

But buderus gidley and tupou should stay. Gidley mainly for his utility position.

danthemanly

HSC
We (NSW) need to fix our right wing. Steve turner was freaking hopeless. Kinda like that broncos parra game round 12 where grothe kept coming in off his wing and Denan Kemp scored for tries. Grothe lost the game for parramatta. Did you see what happened to him, he was demoted. Drop steve turner and bring in some better wingers. Also gasnier and cooper are hogs. they should learn to use there wingers i don't think quinn or turner got many hitups or balls to them.

Muz4PM

HSC
I am just going to thorw this out there, because I only watched a small portion of the game and heard some hearsay at school, would Wallace have been better served had he had Anasta outside him? An experienced five-eight to take the pressure off the rookie half-back.

Also, there was some talk of Gasnier not doing as well defensively as he normally does, leaving Turner out on his own. Any truth to that staement? From what I saw, both seemed pretty overwhelmed by the Queenslanders.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It looks like NSW will lose 3 origins in a row if they play like this in game 3.

ledzeppelin

HSC
wuddie said:
dude, the whole team played terribly, except brett stewart . you are going to chop 7 players, 4 of whom are regulars, from just one bad game. i didn't see you asking players to get dropped after game 1, monday quarterback much?

this game was exactly the reverse of what happened in the first game. but when qld turns it on, its a record win for them. craig bellamy is to blame for the compressed defence which lead to 5/6 tries.
a. I wouldn't have picked most of those players in the first place
b. When you lose 30-0, it's time for some serious changes

ledzeppelin

HSC
danthemanly said:
Dude are you watching the same thing I am. Wallace is being trained by the best modern day player of the century (Andrew Johns). His kicking is one of the most accurate of possible NSW halves or five eights. He is in there making tackles and a forward running at him doesn't put him off balance. Plus I don't even support any qld teams.

However i do agree with turner hoffman simpson going

But buderus gidley and tupou should stay. Gidley mainly for his utility position.
Gidley's not a utility. He's a good club player at fullback, not anywhere else. Everything he tried he screwed up on Wednesday.
Buderus is lucky Farah has been injured for most of the season
Tupou, well I would have picked him at the start of the series, but he hasn't really offered much imo

re. Wallace, it's all well and good if he can tackle well, but that's a secondary concern for a halfback. The halves need to create points and organise the team. NSW were a rabble in game two, and despite being a lot better than Queensland in game one, only won by 8 points

ledzeppelin

HSC
Muz4PM said:
I am just going to thorw this out there, because I only watched a small portion of the game and heard some hearsay at school, would Wallace have been better served had he had Anasta outside him? An experienced five-eight to take the pressure off the rookie half-back.

Also, there was some talk of Gasnier not doing as well defensively as he normally does, leaving Turner out on his own. Any truth to that staement? From what I saw, both seemed pretty overwhelmed by the Queenslanders.
If I remember correctly, Gidley came on late in the first half and moved into 5/8th, with Bird playing lock.
It certainly would have helped having an actual 5/8th there, rather than Bird, who's a lock, or Gidley, who's just shit.

Turner and Gasnier had no idea what was going on, both were all over the place positionally. Inglis reversed the ownage from game one on Gaz.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
a. I wouldn't have picked most of those players in the first place
b. When you lose 30-0, it's time for some serious changes
how would you go about the changes for the roosters after 46-0 from last week?

if the selectors cut 7 players everytime there is a collectively bad game - not a few players losing the game for the whole team - i wonder how many players would have played origin by now. in the same logic, had qld chopped inglis, who played terribly in game 1, they would never have the luxury of seeing him palm off gasnier and co.

it is all very well for you to talk about gidley and buderus, who did have had a bad game in the offence. yet, stat tells me that buderus made 40 tackles, top of the count; gids 26 coming off the bench. whereas you have paul gallen 28 tackles and missed a dismal 5; mason 18 tkls, missed 4, 3 errors. stats don't lie.

i insist the game was lost because bellamy was outcoached by meninga. wallace made way too many tackles, not that the opponents came looking for him, but the other way. the defence was too compressed, yet there was still no changes in the second half. and the penalties killed the blues.

Last edited:

historykidd

HSC
wuddie said:
how would you go about the changes for the roosters after 46-0 from last week?

if the selectors cut 7 players everytime there is a collectively bad game - not a few players losing the game for the whole team - i wonder how many players would have played origin by now. in the same logic, had qld chopped inglis, who played terribly in game 1, they would never have the luxury of seeing him palm off gasnier and co.

it is all very well for you to talk about gidley and buderus, who did have had a bad game in the offence. yet, stat tells me that buderus made 40 tackles, top of the count; gids 26 coming off the bench. whereas you have paul gallen 28 tackles and missed a dismal 5; mason 18 tkls, missed 4, 3 errors. stats don't lie.

i insist the game was lost because bellamy was outcoached by meninga. wallace made way too many tackles, not that the opponents came looking for him, but the other way. the defence was too compressed, yet there was still no changes in the second half. and the penalties killed the blues.
i hate you ever so much wuddie but i must agree.

chopping players just for the sake of one game is illogical.

with that said, NSW should either play Gidley where he is meant to be played, as he is a clearly poor half and hooker, or pick a superior utility in luke lewis.

danthemanly

HSC
32-12. Come on Roosters good come back. See what a difference the forward pack can make.

historykidd

HSC
danthemanly said:
32-12. Come on Roosters good come back. See what a difference the forward pack can make.
:uhhuh:

terrifying game for penrith 90000000000000000000000000 injured lulz

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
historykidd said:
i hate you ever so much wuddie but i must agree.

chopping players just for the sake of one game is illogical.

with that said, NSW should either play Gidley where he is meant to be played, as he is a clearly poor half and hooker, or pick a superior utility in luke lewis.
love the hate, but if luke lewis is so good, why hasn't he played origin since god knows when, or why isn't he playing for aust? reason, gidley is the best utility on this land, and he only played a poor game on wedn as did the whole team.

roosters played well last night, obviously with a few players desperate to get the origin thrashing behind them. penrith had the potential, but they tried to go wide way too early.

newcastle on good odds to beat the cowboys, i got $20 on them.

Skeeter

Banned
HSC
Which Team is going to Take Out the 2008 NRL Premiership?

Who?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Which Team is going to Take Out the 2008 NRL Premiership?

south sydney

danthemanly

HSC

If roosters have to verse manly in the finals series it will be manly. If not the roosters will take it out

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

The same team that won it last year.

frontman

HSC

Melbourne Vs Brisbane grand final.

Melbourne win.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A

Souths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)