2008 NRL Premiership (2 Viewers)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
maybe it is because some of our best young players are going to union, the older ones are going to england for the cash? while the only ones came back to league from union are roger and sailor, who are pretty old.

maybe it is because nrl pays its players on average the least out of the three codes? while david gallop insists they are doing everything right by the players. if that is indeed the case, nrl will lose out on their talent base.

historykidd

HSC
i don't think the game is dying by any stretch of the imagination tbh. the superleague war was always going to take it out of us and still does. union is almost a non-entity and probably helpful in taking some of our more overrated and past-their-prime players such as cross. the challenge from the afl in the western suburbs, from personal experience, is fucking laughable; i severely doubt they'll establish enough of a power-base to uproot rugby league in the coming decades.

however, i do think, as some of you do, that there is some validity to the claim that grappling etc is taking away from the game as we know it and turning it into a slower, sluggish game. fittler and brown probably summed it up perfectly: its either engage in this counter-benefical practice or lose out essentially, and for me this is the biggest aspect of our game that needs urgent addressing.

YO!

Banned
HSC
I say: Get rid of salary caps (any club that is too tight to pay players extra should die), bring back the biff! and get rid of the fucking video ref!

Seriously, the game needs a face lift. At the rate it's going now, we'd be lucky to be watching it on national TV in 5 years time!

Seriously people, I think that NRL should just get back to the basics just like the old days!

-Anfernee-

HSC
YO! said:
I say: Get rid of salary caps (any club that is too tight to pay players extra should die), bring back the biff! and get rid of the fucking video ref!

Seriously, the game needs a face lift. At the rate it's going now, we'd be lucky to be watching it on national TV in 5 years time!

Seriously people, I think that NRL should just get back to the basics just like the old days!

yeah ok hot-shot, how would you go about implementing your plans?

YO!

Banned
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
yeah ok hot-shot, how would you go about implementing your plans?
I'll leave the implementation phase to the experts. I just make wild plans, and some "expert" can implement.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
historykidd said:
sonny-bill-hypocrite.
apparently he was booked to do a couple of charity gigs which he's now just walked out on. what a class act.

historykidd

HSC
Triangulum said:
apparently he was booked to do a couple of charity gigs which he's now just walked out on. what a class act.
fucking awful imo.

does anybody with any sort of legal background know to what extent the NRL can pursue sonny? i've been reading rugby league forums but they aren't extent a think-tank.

Muz4PM

HSC
historykidd said:
fucking awful imo.

does anybody with any sort of legal background know to what extent the NRL can pursue sonny? i've been reading rugby league forums but they aren't extent a think-tank.
I am not sure if the NRL can do anything, except maybe assist the Bulldogs with legal respresentation/resources in getting SBW on breaching his contract with the Bulldogs. Outside of that, I am not sure if they can do anything. However, I am sure there are others here with a greater knowledge about the law who could confirm or deny that.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, SBW will get sued for breach of contract, which will include his wages and possibly penalties. I'm willing to bet that the French club said they'd cover all of those penalties and all legal fees.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
kids will play league because the concept is simple. but the pros will choose to go somewhere else to make a decent living. sonny 'legal' bill and mason are the biggest hypocrits the game has known. the world cup is going to lose a lot of money without gaz and sonny bill.

souths continue their 'form'. roosters are either rocks or diamonds, they can turn into a different team every week. this win may be enough to see them thru as top 4.

ryzo

HSC
And about the idea of scrapping a salary cap what a joke! You get rid of the salary cap and clubs will send themselves into bankruptcy in two seasons the only club that could possibly survive that kind of joke is the broncos because they were the only club turning over a profit to write home about without poker machines in the 07 season
To do it properly the league needs to look at merging and moving clubs in NSW to spread the fanbase out
ATM there is just too many concentrated clubs in the Sydney area for the game to continue

Last edited:

jazzbaby

HSC
i cant believe he did that
so much for the
"im a dog for life and i stay true to my team"
cunt.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
oh its hiliarious man, SBW going on about how he lost his respect for willie once he walked out to join the roosters, and now he's doing the same. but with the morality and ethics aside, i'm actually happy the guy made the decision. he wants to try something new and challenge himself and union caters for that. he has much more potential to excel elsewhere than he did at the dogs, honestly.

But now that his gone, the world cup is gonna be a bit less interesting because the kiwis will stink even more than they already do

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Great win for the Broncos 34-6 against the in form Raiders. Although they are still a bit behind the top four (Manly, Melbourne, Cronulla and the Roosters). If the Broncos keep their form they might make a repeat of 2006.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
knights handed the eels a bit of thrashing. it is amazing that half the comp is withing 4 points of one another. those teams will pretty much need to win most, if not all of the remaining games. one slip up and it may be all over.

ryzo

HSC
Fair enough sonny wants to try something else but as if a union club should sign him. All he has is an offload and a shoulder charge and wait for it shoulder charging is illegal in union

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)