2008 NRL Premiership (2 Viewers)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Well, I was right about Cronk and Slater. :D

What a fizzle. All the hype over the week, and it looked as if Cronulla played their Jersey Flegg team. Actually, no. That's not fair on the JF team for me to say that.

It seems the porchlight for Harold Holt is still left on.

Hopefully the Manly - Warriors game will provide more excitement.

28 - 0 says a lot about both teams.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sharks seemed to attack a shitload in the second half. they were constantly in melbourne's 10m line, but just couldn't get past their defence

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
cronk and turner played out of their skins last night, and what about that first try from melb? just the vision from cronk to put that kick in the corner is simply incredible.

and the warriors probably got done by all the atmosphere and hype. dominating performance by manly. looking forward to a gf replay - barracking for manly this time.

Last edited:

Mozza91

HSC
Manly will win they were so impressive their ball movement was way to much for the Warriors.
Another Gf between 2 teams I hate this is shit

blue_chameleon

HSC
Mozza91 said:
Manly will win they were so impressive their ball movement was way to much for the Warriors.
Another Gf between 2 teams I hate this is shit
Here's a tissue, champ.

I don't see what the fuss is about. Hasn't it work out how it should have? I mean, these teams finished 1st and 2nd on the ladder, and were there most of the season.

So, you want the best teams in the gf.

Call it boring and predictable, but thats not Manly or Melbourne's fault.

:/

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
after melb's scathing attack on the nrl, they were hit with a $50000 fine. nothing against melb in particular, but to say the nrl is trying to target one of its best teams by suspending a player who is clearly guilty of the charges, they deserve the fine. having said that, i think the nrl should also look more closely at other grapple tackles now that they've made a precedence with cam smith.

blue_chameleon

HSC
wuddie said:
after melb's scathing attack on the nrl, they were hit with a $50000 fine. nothing against melb in particular, but to say the nrl is trying to target one of its best teams by suspending a player who is clearly guilty of the charges, they deserve the fine. having said that, i think the nrl should also look more closely at other grapple tackles now that they've made a precedence with cam smith.
Yeah, that was a bit irresponsible. Granted, I highly freaking doubt that the media hadn't influenced the decision, it porbably could have been dealt with better by Waldron. Bellamy was ok to have a lash, but the CEO getting involved is probably a bit much.

Well, it looks like it didn't pay off for Ricky anyway, with him saying that they should charge a player of a team that his team would be playing the next week. All it did was galvanised the team and focused them more, meanwhile Stuart and the sharks were confident of a win. :)

Mozza91

HSC
Typical us against them Melbourne attitude the tackle was dangerous and he deserved a suspension they won 28-0 in a preliminary final and Waldrun and Bellamy spent the whole press conference talking about Smith.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
also we have been crying out for leadership and finally we get it. well done David Gallop

Fining Melbourne for the lies they told about Cameron Smith's lenient punishment for something he invented and as is the best grapple tackler in the competition a deserved outcome.

I am pleased to see Craig Bellamy's unwarranted outburst being dealt with effectively

once again well done David Gallop I am not usually a fan of you but this time you have done well

Mozza91

HSC
I know it is early on but predictions for the Grand Final
Manly-24 Storm-16
FTS-Bell
Clive Churchill Medal-Watmough

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Mozza91 said:
I know it is early on but predictions for the Grand Final
Manly-24 Storm-16
FTS-Bell
Clive Churchill Medal-Watmough
dont give to someone who is overrated give it to someone who actually is a workhorse . name any other forward you will be right but Watnough is a weak link in Manly's team
but Manly to win !!!

blue_chameleon

HSC
Roga said:
Manly will win because I hope they do.
:)

Not if the media keep attention on Melbourne and all their supposed controversies. If that happens, im predicting they'll go into their shell and follow what they did this last week gone.

Here's hoping that Manly dont gain the kind of confidence that Cronulla were exuding over the last week in lead up to the game against Melbourne, and that the media don't maintain their focus on Melbourne.

ledzepplin said:
Based on this weekends form, Manly should win easily.
Can't fall into that trap though. Once teams make the GF, form goes out the window.

EDIT: This weekend Team 1 has played Team 3, and Team 2 has played Team 8. Based on rankings, Team 2 could be said to had the easier game. But the rankings are off season-wide form.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
whoever wins, you can bet it will a close and emotion-charged contest. manly in particular, will want to avenge last year's loss and send a fairy tale fairwell for menzies. storms will try to proof themselves as the force, the numero uno in nrl. both teams disposed their opponents dominantly in the prelims, so quite a game we've got on sunday.

oh, and stewart v slater, could decide who gets the aussie jumper.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
wuddie said:
whoever wins, you can bet it will a close and emotion-charged contest. manly in particular, will want to avenge last year's loss and send a fairy tale fairwell for menzies. storms will try to proof themselves as the force, the numero uno in nrl. both teams disposed their opponents dominantly in the prelims, so quite a game we've got on sunday.

oh, and stewart v slater, could decide who gets the aussie jumper.
None of them. Karmichael Hunt will get it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Player should be picked on form and nothing else. Slater has been the best fullback this year so he should get the spot.

We are going to win easily no matter what... so forget about incumbency and combinations and all that rubbish and just reward the players who have played the best this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)