2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ken Lam said:
Clearly then, "evolutionists should not be allowed to roam free in the land." All that remains for us to discuss is "What should be done with evolutionists?" For the purposes of this essay, I will ignore the minor issue of Western-style jurisprudence and merely mention possible solutions to the "evolutionism problem," leaving the legal details to others:
Labor camps. Their fellow believers were high on these. But, my position would be that most of them have lived their lives at, or near the public trough. So, after their own beliefs, their life should continue only as long as they can support themselves in the camps.

Require them to wear placards around their neck, or perhaps large medallions which prominently announce "Warning: Evolutionist! Mentally Incompetent - Potentially Dangerous." I consider this option too dangerous.

Since evolutionists are liars and most do not really believe evolution we could employ truth serum or water-boarding to obtain confessions of evolution rejection. But, this should, at most, result in parole, because, like Muslims, evolutionist religion permits them to lie if there is any benefit to them.

An Evolutionist Colony in Antarctica could be a promising option. Of course inspections would be required to prevent too much progress. They might invent gunpowder. A colony on Mars would prevent gunpowder from harming anyone but their own kind, in the unlikely event they turned out to be intelligent enough to invent it.

All options should include 24-hour sound system playing Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris reading Darwin's Origin of Species, or the preservation of Favored Races by Means of Natural Selection. Of course some will consider this cruel & unusual, especially since they will undoubtedly have that treatment for eternity.
Oh yes.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Slidey said:
If you average the ages, the Democrats are still younger.
McCain picks a 'hawt babe' for him to cheat on his wife with. History repeats.

HSC guy

HSC
A High Way Man said:
Oh, cool then.

But what's up with these poll numbers?

Utah Mason-Dixon McCain 62, Obama 23 McCain +39
Wyoming Mason-Dixon McCain 62, Obama 25 McCain +37
The way US national elections work, only about 18 states are somewhat competitive. The other 32 have virtually certain outcomes. Both those states have long histories of voting for Republicans and Democrats are not after them.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HSC guy said:
The way US national elections work, only about 18 states are somewhat competitive. The other 32 have virtually certain outcomes. Both those states have long histories of voting for Republicans and Democrats are not after them.
Yep. More specifically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swing_state

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Fuck you Slidey you novice
Which party freed the slaves?
Which party held the south til the 60s?

The GOP is a little less liberal than it used to be, is all. McCain represents that old school liberalism.

Edit: Didnt actually check you links, but I can guess what you're implying

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Which party was Abraham Lincoln president for... Slidey?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Farfour said:
Which party was Abraham Lincoln president for... Slidey?
Semantics aside, the hardcore Republicans of today are the slave owners of the 19th century.

The Republican party used to be less retarded.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Semantics aside, the hardcore Republicans of today are the slave owners of the 19th century.
Longevity is a gift of the south, then?

atreus

HSC
I remember reading months ago that Sarah Palin was by far the most popular Governor, but since then her approval rating has dropped from the 90s to the low 80s.

Given that McCain is more likely to die while in office, you would think that his VP choice would be someone that people could imagine as an alternative President. Instead he has picked someone younger and with no more experience than Obama. It looks like in trying to get the Hilary voters onboard, he might limit the power of one of his main arguments.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Palin's pretty hot for an old braud.

Weinerdogg

HSC
I've been reading this thread a bit on SA: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2843966&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 And it's pretty much swayed me. It's over a hundred pages long now but just slog through the first few and you'll get the picture. Once you get beneath the surface, McCain is just plain crazy, to the point where it would be worth voting D just for the 'lesser evil' factor. I'd hate to vote like that, but I don't think I'd have a choice with the electoral system America has (no preferential/runoff voting; you vote for one person and thats it)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
atreus said:
I remember reading months ago that Sarah Palin was by far the most popular Governor, but since then her approval rating has dropped from the 90s to the low 80s.

Given that McCain is more likely to die while in office, you would think that his VP choice would be someone that people could imagine as an alternative President. Instead he has picked someone younger and with no more experience than Obama. It looks like in trying to get the Hilary voters onboard, he might limit the power of one of his main arguments.
Here's where somebody points out that McCain doesn't have any experience at being president either.

McCain: "The issue of economics is something that I’ve never really understood as well as I should."

This page is epic: http://www.bush-mccainchallenge.com/facts.html?id=

All you people supporting McCain as "fresh" and "moderate" might want to check it out. Everything's cited, so you're free judge it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)