2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (2 Viewers)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Garygaz said:
Watching all the Democrats whine after the elections will be like adding fresh air to my lungs.
Fixed.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Meh, I preferred his previous article "Is Obama Another Dukakis?: Why is Obama so vapid, hesitant, and gutless?"

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Hero said:
Hitch throws his not inconsiderable weight behind the Obama camp:

http://www.slate.com/id/2202163/

Eat that, Alex!
Yeah, that's just like the old chap. When Obama is clearly winning, and the world seems to be shifting, Hitch jumps on the bandwagon to victory.

Either way, I don't like writers who merely pander to popular opinions. And I must say, that's what Christopher Hitchens has, and will, always do. He'll always be in business though, that's for sure.

I predict that after Obama withdraws troops from Iraq, he'll use that as an excuse for the utter failure in Iraq, in an attempt to save his credibility from his previous statements that a war on Iraq was not only justified, but neccessary. He'll also fish the news media for somebody looking for him to loan credibility to the next target of American imperialism, and throw that onto the table (he's already started that though).

The man is so predictable. Why do you guys even read him?

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Sam, I'm sorry, are you retarded? Hitchens NEVER panders to popular opinion. The man is still 100% in favour of the Iraq war and wants war with Iran. Sorry, sugar, but if you read the article you'll see the points he makes about holding the highest office in the US are incredibly salient.

You lose, good day sir!

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Meh, I preferred his previous article "Is Obama Another Dukakis?: Why is Obama so vapid, hesitant, and gutless?"
:shy: So did I. Time makes fools of us all!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/14/2390598.htm

McCain vows: I'm coming back
"I have been written off on so many occasions by political pundits that it's hard for me to count, I think it is more lives than a cat. But the point is, we are doing fine. I'm happy with where we are

"We are fighting the good fight. That's what it is all about. That's what I love.

My friends, we've got them just where we want them.

I come from a long line of McCains who believed that to love America is to fight for her.

I have fought for you most of my life.

There are other ways to love this country, but I've never been the kind to do it from the sidelines."
Love this guy. The old lion's still a fighter

SHENNADOR OBAMA! I'm COMING FOR YOOOOOOOOOU!
WHAAAAUUuuUUUARGH
/iron clashing/
GAME ON BITCH

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Hero said:
Sam, I'm sorry, are you retarded? Hitchens NEVER panders to popular opinion. The man is still 100% in favour of the Iraq war and wants war with Iran.
If he admits he was wrong, then he pretty much writes himself off. Obama is the only thing that can save him! He needs a scapegoat for the failure in Iraq. :rofl:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
"We're going to spend a lot of time and after I whip his you-know-what in this debate, we're going to be going out 24/7,"

hsb39

HSC
Iron said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/14/2390598.htm

McCain vows: I'm coming back

Love this guy. The old lion's still a fighter

SHENNADOR OBAMA! I'm COMING FOR YOOOOOOOOOU!
WHAAAAUUuuUUUARGH
/iron clashing/
GAME ON BITCH
Loving America is not fighting a pointless war that wastes the American taxes. There was no good reason to go into Iraq and there is still no good reason to stay there: I can understand fighting for America, but in Iraq, what are they fighting against and what good do they think is going to come out of it.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
The war in Iraq is the cornerstone of democracy in the middle east. If you think otherwise you're a fool.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Ben.Civiletti said:
no offense but that sounds like it just came out of Bill O'Riely's dick.

Please swallow next time, instead of spitting it in BOS forums.

middle east =/= democracy, except for countries like the UAE, Jordan, maybe Egypt who hold more liberal views, but is true for countries that hold extreme views.

have u guys seen that interview where McCain goes on about how we: the free world, need to establish democracy in the middle east, then later he's read a quote from an unnamed "US senator" who believes that the US should not go into some African country and waste money and loose soldiers etc etc and then the interviewer tells Mccain that he actually said that 15 years ago?
source? :uhoh:

hsb39

HSC
Captain Hero said:
The war in Iraq is the cornerstone of democracy in the middle east. If you think otherwise you're a fool.
People said that when the war started, when America was still looking for WMDs (which by the way was the reason that the war started). I am not a fool to think that continuing a pointless war for the sake of oil will not create democracy, but more war.

Democracy is a government for the people, and when innocent people of the country are being killed, I am no fool that a government for the people is not being created.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Obama Camp Rejects Jackson's Claim That He Would Diminish 'Zionist' Influence
Barack Obama's campaign rejects Jesse Jackson's claim that "Zionists" would lose clout under an Obama administration.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Barack Obama's campaign stepped in quickly Tuesday to distance itself from a claim by the Rev. Jesse Jackson that "Zionists" would lose clout under an Obama administration.

The move was the latest chapter in what appears to be a protracted falling-out between the two Chicago figures -- each of whom represents a different age of political activism.

Jackson made the remarks to the World Policy Forum in France last week, according to The New York Post. The civil rights activist reportedly said that "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" would lose some of their influence with Obama in the White House, and that "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would come to a close.

Obama's campaign denied that assertion on Tuesday.

"Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. is not an adviser to the Obama campaign and is therefore in no position to interpret or share Barack Obama's views on Israel and foreign policy," Obama national security spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said in a statement.

"As he has made clear throughout his career and throughout this campaign, Barack Obama has a fundamental commitment to a strong U.S.-Israel relationship ... As president, he will ensure that Israel can defend itself from every threat it faces, stand with Israel in its quest for a secure peace with its neighbors, and use all elements of American power to end Iran's illicit nuclear program.

"No false charges can change Barack Obama's unshakeable commitment to Israel's security."

Jackson reportedly acknowledged that he was not an adviser to Obama, but rather a "supporter." But the words he used to describe their relationship suggest that he thinks he is much closer to Obama than the Obama campaign believes.

Jackson reportedly described Obama as a "neighbor or, better still, a member of the family."

John McCain's spokesman, Tucker Bounds, also reacted to Jackson's comments on Tuesday, saying: "Literally, nobody knows what Barack Obama's policies would be if he were elected president, but it's very concerning that people believe he will not be a friend to Israel."
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/14/obama-camp-rejects-jacksons-claim-diminish-ionist-influence/ :uhhuh:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
Pfft.
Look at the source.
I don't trust anything that Fox News says. Goddamn conservative bias. Fox seems to think that just because it is the only major conservative news network that it has to make up for it be sensationalising everything.
Is this view simply due my having been brainwashing by the liberal media?
Of course not, you stupid conservative pig!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)