2010 monologue - HELP! (1 Viewer)

katie_1020

HSC
hey,
i know that i probably should have a monologue like everyone else in my class, but im so stuck. i was thinking of doing a part by kate from my sisters keeper (novel not film) about after anna dies but im unsure about doing a really serious one. i want to do comedy, but only if its really interesting or the character is strange..
and ideas at all???

cassiecocaine

HSC
Well why do you want to do a serious one? To expand your abilities/show people what you are capable of? And why comedy? To please the crowd, or because it's easy? Just think of what YOU want to get out of it. Something you're passionate about? My friend did an extract from an absurdist play because she fell in love with it. Another stuck to what she knew, which was hilarious comedy, but twisted it a little by dipping into Comedia Del Arte. It's really up to you, but for now, RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH! Look at as many monolouges as you can!

allykat92

HSC
I agree with cassicocaine....think about WHY you want to do a comedy or a serious performance. Assess your abilities and what you're comfortable with performing, and talk to your drama teacher as well...one of my friends WAS going to do a piece from My Sister's Keeper, but decided against it after figuring out her strengths and weaknesses.

ofgs-claire

HSC
when it comes to monologues u also have to think about which one you could pull off best, and when performing monologues myself i find that the more emotional and personal to me the better

dramatutor

HSC
Hi,

I hope you've found a monologue!

I offer tutoring for HSC Drama Performance IP's. I achieved a mark of 96 for Drama in my HSC in 2007. To have a look at what I've been up to since then check out my website at Lee-Ann Simon, Sydney based Australian actor.

I charge $30 /h. We will work on your character and the structure and style of the monologue.

I'm based on the North Shore of Sydney. My email is lee-ann@lee-annsimon.com.au

Good Luck!

Lozzysy

HSC
N/A
Hi, I think I might have the I.P for you. There is a book called Bombshells, it is a collection of short monologues for women. There is one called Theresa McTerry it is comedic and, from what you have said about the character being weird and funny, it would really appeal to you :D

ImAgInE94

HSC
you should do the style that you are best at. if you love making people laugh and your amazing at it, then like hell with serious monologues do the comedy and vise versa.

my drama teacher always says: DON'T TRY TO EXPAND YOUR ABILITIES TO SHOW OFF IN TH HSC MONOLOGUE BY DOING SOMETHING YOUR NOT USED TO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)