Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
o_O?? is it copyright to upload trial papers and etc lol.. didn't know =.=

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
actually im not gonna be uploading it guys sorry... its a breach against copyright says on the CSSA website..

really sorry.. =.=

josh_blick

HSC
N/A
The security period for most of the CSSA papers (excpet engineering-the only one I know of) is over

descartes

HSC
N/A
sorry guys.. please forgive me
No need for forgiveness, good on you for respecting the intellectual property of others and not caving in to peer pressure. Its a very rare thing.

Schools are allowed to photocopy the Catholic Trials, if they purchased them, for assessment purposes. Review for the HSC is an assessment purpose.

If your school is not doing this, or did not purchase them legally, complain to your school, don't criticise someone for not illegally uploading them.

mark H

HSC
So its OK to break the law if it helps others?
Ethical but illegal. Here let me give you a scenario:

You are suffering an asthma attack but need prescription medication or you will die. Is it OK for an asthmatic to give you their prescription medication (an illegal act) in order for you to live?

descartes

HSC
N/A
Ethical but illegal. Here let me give you a scenario:

You are suffering an asthma attack but need prescription medication or you will die. Is it OK for an asthmatic to give you their prescription medication (an illegal act) in order for you to live?
Your analogy is poor;

1st: it is hardly a life and death situation
2nd: there is a legal alternative readily available

Try using a fair analogy to claim it is ethical

Last edited:

mark H

HSC
Your analogy is poor;

1st: it is hardly a life and death situation
2nd: there is a legal alternative readily available

Try using a fair analogy to claim it is ethical
If you were in a small country town where there are hardly any medical services you wouldn't care about the law.

descartes

HSC
N/A
If you were in a small country town where there are hardly any medical services you wouldn't care about the law.
Again, not a good analogy, I reiterate my points;

1. not a life and death situation
2. legal alternative is readily available

Can you come up with a situation where it is OK to break the law under these conditions?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, demand acknowledgement that you have breached the copyright regulations that you cleverly scanned on page 12. How dare he devalue the one hour you spent scanning, pity about the many hours the authors took writing the paper!!!!

By the way did you pay attention when doing "All my own work"?
Settle down cunt.
I'd upload chemistry too but it has my disgustinh writing all over it.
Btw, I haven't breached copyright because I count the table of standard integrals plus the paper plus the answers as a whole thing and I only uploaded like 25% of all of that.
Plus, after the release date (12/8/11) the copyright is no longer valid as the paper is released to students.
All your own work? What does that have to do with trial papers?

descartes

HSC
N/A
Settle down cunt.
I'd upload chemistry too but it has my disgustinh writing all over it.
Btw, I haven't breached copyright because I count the table of standard integrals plus the paper plus the answers as a whole thing and I only uploaded like 25% of all of that.
Plus, after the release date (12/8/11) the copyright is no longer valid as the paper is released to students.
All your own work? What does that have to do with trial papers?
Grow up.

Have you ever heard of the saying that if you have to resort to abuse you have lost the argument?

The copyright date is still valid, the release date is a security period so that people do not gain an advantage in trials. As for trying to justify only uploading 25%, the paper and the solutions are two seperate documents.

What does all my own work have to do with trial papers, I guess that just proves you didn't pay attention when doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)