2012 CSSA Maths 2U (1 Viewer)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Thoughts on CSSA 2U Mathematics Exam??

I found Question 15 harder than Q 16 ....
same! yeah, that part A of question 15 had me stumped for a while but I think I worked it out. I found Q16 fine...except that sophie probability one (which ever question that was from). That test only increased my dislike for probability :\

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
any body know how to do the final probablity questions which asks what is the probability that sophie wins? how do you do it if the discs are replaced and there are infinite turns?
omg yes, i hated that question :\ Didn't have a clue what it was asking or how to work it out. Oh well :)

Demise

HSC
Probability was easy, it's a GP with 4/7 as a, 4/7 x 3/7 as R. Then do sum to infinity.

Kostie100

HSC

same! yeah, that part A of question 15 had me stumped for a while but I think I worked it out. I found Q16 fine...except that sophie probability one (which ever question that was from). That test only increased my dislike for probability :\
What was 15.A?

Genero

HSC

Question 16 was fairly easy for me but for some reason, I didn't see the tan substitution thing in question 15 (the one with the cylindrical thing in the roof) -.- I should have been able to see that. Overall, pretty sure I made a lot of silly mistakes. I think I counted around 4/5 marks lost , though I'd probably lose a lot more marks. That probability question was fine for me, the method was similar to one of the past CSSA papers (I think it was the 2000 paper, question 10). Hoping for 90+% ahah.

rsagar

HSC
Uni Grad

I've heard that Independent is harder than CSSA.

The new format screws head... seriously... How are we meant to answer Q's
that are given to us simultaneously... Did anyone else pickup the order ???

@Lucas... dude, dw.
Just do past paper questions +
(hint hint) make sure you do more Q's 6-10 than 1-5 in past papers...
trust me :J and good luck

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
That circle question is the reason why you learn the proofs and derivations of things instead of rote learning :p (at mx1 kids)

Most mx1 students should have seen the proof before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)