2013 Autumn Semester Timetables (UTS) (2 Viewers)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: UTS timetables

Looks fine, tbh you'll realise this semester that breaks are not always a good thing. It's good having one for like lunch and a big one here or there to just chill with friends - especially if it's a common gap between a few majors. Having a class one after the other is no problem either. They are supposed to end a little early and start a bit late, and if you are running late for something half of the others probably are too.

cheepy5

HSC

Looks fine, tbh you'll realise this semester that breaks are not always a good thing. It's good having one for like lunch and a big one here or there to just chill with friends - especially if it's a common gap between a few majors. Having a class one after the other is no problem either. They are supposed to end a little early and start a bit late, and if you are running late for something half of the others probably are too.
Yeah good point breaks dont seem that great but a day off does !

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

Im doing electrical engineering and was able to fit my timetable in to 4 days, not sure if to much is going on and whether i should space it out a bit more
ahah dude, if I were you, I'd space it out over 5 days. But it depends on how far you live from uni and your personal preference. If you're willing to go to uni with 4 days of crammed subjects, go for it.

Gosh this makes IT look like a feakin breeze / walk in the park. Most IT courses only require 2 days minimum. Most people do 3 days per week in IT.

In my first semester I did 2 subjects on the one day and 2 spaced out over other days (3 days in total pw), (one in the afternoon 1pm-5pm, 1 hour break and then one at night 6pm-9pm). I was buggered on my second subject. I didn't even get my other 2 days off, because I always ended up going to uni for one thing or another (assignments, events, volunteer stuff), and semester two was really bad for me. Full-time internship combined with 2 nights of subjects. = 46 contact hours. (not including travelling time) Gosh it was a freaking bitch compared to sem 1. It made sem1 look like a child's playground.

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Yeah good point breaks dont seem that great but a day off does !
About a month into uni i sacrificed any breaks on a 9 hour day to get another day off lol. Worth it. Physical Modelling workshop things weren't too great though (went through like 3 questions on the board in a lecture room, solutions put up online) so i ended up skipping that to have lunch. You have to consider travel too, where i live is 40 minutes train away from UTS so by the time i walk to the station and whatnot each day had like 2-2.5 hours of travel and stuff.

cheepy5

HSC

Thanks for the advice guys, currently where i live it would be 4 hours of travel a day but should hopefully be moving in closer to sydney before uni starts. The only bad day seems to be the Wednesday but then again i was wondering is there much homework/work you would have to do after some lectures/classes that would be due the relatively close (eg. next couple of days).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Thanks for the advice guys, currently where i live it would be 4 hours of travel a day but should hopefully be moving in closer to sydney before uni starts. The only bad day seems to be the Wednesday but then again i was wondering is there much homework/work you would have to do after some lectures/classes that would be due the relatively close (eg. next couple of days).
There will always be some kind of work you could do, but not neccesarily stuff that is due. Don't be surprised when you end up at the glass house with mates in your breaks though!

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

Yep, plenty of assignments, and the homework is sometimes set, but most of the time it will be up to your own self study. Also if you don't end up moving closer, I recommend keeping the 4 day pw schedule. 4 hours of travelling time is a killjoy. Just to give you an idea, I remember spending 2 weeks of holidays dedicated solely towards a programming assignment, chipping away at it every day. I ended up with 100/100. I also spent 2 weeks building and testing a website. At the start it may not seem like a lot of content but it will exponentially grow. Engineering may be different. I know friends who had to skip camp just to sit the maths bridging course.

Uni is all about constantly chipping away at work and not letting shit slide. ~Also you meet tonnes of new people. :D Good luck on your years of study ahead.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I know friends who had to skip camp just to sit the maths bridging course.
If you are in this circumstance - don't do it lol! You miss out on like three days of bridging course and they never really cover anything extremely relevant or difficult thats not revisited in Math Mod 1. Unless you did like general and don't know a thing about calculus...

walshy007

HSC

timetable.JPG

Is there anything wrong with this timetable? Will I have enough time to walk between classes?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Yeah it looks fine, you will have time to walk between classes too. Heaps of people will have similiar time tables anyway so you wont be only person doing that. Plus, the two Physical Modelling classes in a row for example are held in same room with the same lecturer so that part you wont have to worry about walking.

The only thing that springs to mind is that you will have a couple of in class tests for Maths Mod in that tute, so im guessing Intro to civil before hand is a lecture? That might get annoying, but it's not every week and the class tests were fairly straight forward anyway.

walshy007

HSC

ok sweet, thanks heaps for your help. Yer ill see if that lecture will go anywhere else.

LolaBell

HSC

Nice timteable nerdasdasd! I've got the same 31266 lecture. :)

You can choose to do an enrolment session on campus or do it all online yourself. If you've gone through the online enrolment system, enrolled in the correct subjects and used My Subjects to create your timetable then you've got your timetable.

Are you sure those timetables that you're making aren't just to draft something you would like because the uts website & lady that called from UTS yesterday said that enrolment into courses and timetable is done on campus

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Are you sure those timetables that you're making aren't just to draft something you would like because the uts website & lady that called from UTS yesterday said that enrolment into courses and timetable is done on campus
Nope, you can definitely enrol into subjects and make your time table online. Like i said in the other thread, i was sure that was across UTS but maybe ring up again and find out - could be different for your course.

koolkid59

HSC

Hey Im having troubles with the timetable...
1) How do u allocate an activity in the Communication for IT Professionals unit?
This is what i'm stuck on...Screen shot 2013-01-20 at 12.24.18 PM.png....for all the checkboxes...when i check off one of them and then submit request....it keeps saying "Activity Change
Rejected....FAILED: Not all activity groups have an activity selection".....y is that?...wat do i do?
2) The 3pm time slot for Tut1 in the Accounting for Business Decisions A unit clashes with my otha units..and i can't pick the evening ones as i gotto be somewhere every wed night?....what do i do?
plz help

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Post your time tables for Autumn semester here!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

2) The 3pm time slot for Tut1 in the Accounting for Business Decisions A unit clashes with my otha units..and i can't pick the evening ones as i gotto be somewhere every wed night?....what do i do?
plz help
Pick a different subject. I'd probably suggest swapping accounting with Prog Fund, but you could do marketing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)