2014 Smart Start Orientation (1 Viewer)

wheel

HSC
hey,

i'm a rural student that got into my first preference because of the access scheme

i have no idea what the smart start orientation is? is it worth going to on the wednesday, thursday, friday before o week?

has anyone been last year?

thanks heaps

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to be a smart start leader so I might see u!! I actually don't know too much about it because I haven't undergone training yet. I know there is a BBQ so free food is one good thing but it's generally meant to give you tips for uni in settling down.

Well done on your offer :)

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok I just read this on their website:

If you accept an offer to enrol at UNSW you will be contacted by SEADU (Student Equity and Disabilities Unit) and invited to attend our Smart Start Program.

Smart Start is an informative and fun-filled early orientation day followed up by skills workshops to prepare you for university life. It will give you the
chance to get to know UNSW and the Kensington campus before university starts and the crowds arrive.

There are tours, workshops and activities organised for small groups of ACCESS students. You can make some new friends and learn some tips on how to manage your first year at university.

Staff and advisers will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about university life.

It is a great day and students who attended Smart Start in previous years have said they found it really helpful.

We encourage you to attend. University is very different from school. UNSW is a big campus, full of lots of people and confusing buildings. It takes a while to make friends, get to know where you are going and what you have to do.

Make your first experience of university a good one. Get a head start. Join us for Smart Start next February.

Recommend u go!!!!

wheel

HSC
I'm going to be a smart start leader so I might see u!! I actually don't know too much about it because I haven't undergone training yet. I know there is a BBQ so free food is one good thing but it's generally meant to give you tips for uni in settling down.

Well done on your offer :)
ahah thankyou!

my only disadvantage is that i'm a rural student, is it aimed at students like me? or more serious study disabilities?

wheel

HSC
yeah that does sound pretty good, is that just happening on the wednesday or all three days?

thanks so much btw!

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
All three days mate!!! Get excited :- P don't know why I'm so excited about this but I think it's just because I'm happy for first years

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
ahah thankyou!

my only disadvantage is that i'm a rural student, is it aimed at students like me? or more serious study disabilities?
Yeah LOL I get you. I didn't really know I was an ACCESS student and the program hasn't really been publicised too much in the past which is something people are trying to work on. But it is aimed for anyone disadvantaged in any way, even the slightest!

Emelyn

HSC
Uni Grad
I got the email for this today too. I'll see you guys there!

wheel

HSC
Hey guys,

Still can't really find that much information on this
What do we do on the Wednesday? Where do we meet? What do we need to bring?

Thanks heaps, still a bit confused aha

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

Still can't really find that much information on this
What do we do on the Wednesday? Where do we meet? What do we need to bring?

Thanks heaps, still a bit confused aha
Hey wheel,

U will most likely get an email with all the details if the coordinators r on their game. I remember I got a postcard thing in the mail last yr and closer to the date, I got a confirmation email with all the details. If u want an answer faster, u can email SEADU@unsw.edu.au and someone will respond!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)