2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Re: The p00n thread

I havent touched series application since like january last year and i totes forgot everything about it except the fact that i hate it

HSC

~Chit Chat Thread~

Don't bother studying 3U, just do 4U and 3U comes naturally
I found I could just drill out 3U papers easily and get it really sharp without much effort.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC

I found I could just drill out 3U papers easily and get it really sharp without much effort.
teach me plz
these skills aren't translating in my assessments lol

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

What

Isnt financial maths in 3u?

If it isnt then fuck that i'm not doing my homework on it
Series is. Not financial stuff.

However, I did take a gamble on that.

~Chit Chat Thread~

Did this. Made getting a Band 6 a lot easier.

Considering I had to use Maths in Focus.

I havent touched series application since like january last year and i totes forgot everything about it except the fact that i hate it
Series is awesome though. I've used it in my daily life quite a few times. And since when is Series done in preliminary?

Fawun

Queen
HSC

~Chit Chat Thread~

How can it come naturally since 4u topics and 3u topics are different?

Examine

same
HSC

~Chit Chat Thread~

Although on a much more mediocre level, I found that this applied for me as well.

Except when I shat myself when I saw the volumes questions in the 3u test because I forgot how to do non 4u volumes (took me quite a while to regain how)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

How can it come naturally since 4u topics and 3u topics are different?
The skills in ext.2 surpass the ones required in ext.1

So ext.1 is very easily learnt in a quarter of the time in comparison to ext.2

Fawun

Queen
HSC

Series is. Not financial stuff.

However, I did take a gamble on that.

Did this. Made getting a Band 6 a lot easier.

Considering I had to use Maths in Focus.

Series is awesome though. I've used it in my daily life quite a few times. And since when is Series done in preliminary?
Wait so the financial stufff like superannuation and annuities arent 3U? FUCK YES best thing ive heard all day. Im fine with APs and GPs just not superannuation and shit

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Who is pumped for school? I know im not :p
Why not? You should be since these next two years are the most critical two years of high school. Be excited for the challenges, embrace the stressful as well as successful times, and you will come to truly enjoy these last two years-having a positive psychological attitude is crucial for long term academic success-may you ace your senior studies!

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

~Chit Chat Thread~

I disagree. I think a lot of things in 3U require studying that cannot be extended naturally from 4U.

For example, Binomial Theorem is completely independent of 4U stuff essentially, same as Perms and Combs, Inverse Trig etc.

iEatOysters

HSC
There are a lot of methods/shortcuts you're not allowed to use in 3U either.... Or maybe this is just my school.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Wait so the financial stufff like superannuation and annuities arent 3U? FUCK YES best thing ive heard all day. Im fine with APs and GPs just not superannuation and shit
AP and GP are the most important but still have only appeared once every five years (it has been a few years since the last one, so this year it could pop up).

But in the past 13 years of papers, no superannuations or annuities has popped up in ext.1 exams for HSC. Could possibly be in your class exams though (if your teacher is not very nice that is).

So... focus on 4u and not do 3u?
No do both to make sure you understand everything. I would imagine ext.2 would take 3 or 4 times longer to understand everything though.

When it comes to doing past papers, do ext.1 as soon as you finish the syllabus before you finish ext.2 syllabus. Then do both consistently, without rejecting ext.1 continually (you might want to do a little more ext.2 as I did, but I paid the price of getting 91 in MX1 and 89 in MX2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)