2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

milkytea99

HSC
Only one person in my class got above 90% for the art half yearlies. I came in at second with 86%. I guess we won't know if our teachers are easy markers until we get our HSC results lol
Yeah, maybe we should share our section 1 responses and see are we on the right track on band 6 and is our teacher lenient markers or not.

milkytea99

HSC
Did you do both essays/short answers?

I'd probably focus on practising short answers(and handing them in to mark!) as they tend to be the area where people lose marks...
Yeah, our half yearly was HSC exam format. Both section 1 (3 questions) and 2 were tested.

milkytea99

HSC
I'll create a new thread and will start with posting my response for section 1 question 1 in half yearly

StudyToDeath

HSC
I might, but that's gazillion years later into the future. I'm planning on finishing my undergrad degree first and have a stable job then I pursue art lol.
I can see where you are coming from. Arts a risky world, with few job perspectives.

milkytea99

HSC
I can see where you are coming from. Arts a risky world, with few job perspectives.
Yeah. Even our art teacher doesn't encourage us to do fine arts at uni cuz she says that it's hard to find jobs in art even with teaching in visual arts. Unless it's like filmmaking , graphic design, something practical like that. Btw, do you want to pursue art as a career?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. Even our art teacher doesn't encourage us to do fine arts at uni cuz she says that it's hard to find jobs in art even with teaching in visual arts. Unless it's like filmmaking , graphic design, something practical like that. Btw, do you want to pursue art as a career?
Also take into the account that , you may not like it as much if you do it as a job

StudyToDeath

HSC
My sister got an atar of 93 and she ended up doing a year of fine arts before changing degrees because of that aspect. I want to purse a creative career, but I feel as though it would be frowned upon or just another useless degree. And frankly I do believe that. I have looked at a B of design and like Nerdasdad said "you may not like it as much if you do it as a job". I've also looked at architecture, honestly I have no clue.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Hey guys :) <3

UPDATE:

Did some background work today on my third piece :) I'm getting there slowly.

We have just under three months to do this!

StudyToDeath

HSC
Hey guys :) <3

UPDATE:

Did some background work today on my third piece :) I'm getting there slowly.

We have just under three months to do this!
98 days! It's a two digit number now. Scary!

I haven't made much progress because my canvas is at school. There seems to not be enough time in the art periods.

milkytea99

HSC
98 days! It's a two digit number now. Scary!

I haven't made much progress because my canvas is at school. There seems to not be enough time in the art periods.
This is what I feel as well haha. We only have 3 hours a week for prac and 1 hour for theory. 3 hours a week is not enough to paint in school.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
This is what I feel as well haha. We only have 3 hours a week for prac and 1 hour for theory. 3 hours a week is not enough to paint in school.
I agree plus I remember arriving late to my next class as ceramics took a while to pack up!

StudyToDeath

HSC
Really? I do less than that. 50% prac and 50% theory. It should be 100% prac :D

milkytea99

HSC
Finally took my artwork home today after leaving it in school for two terms!!!! Now I can speed up the process and make it 80-90%+ done. :)

StudyToDeath

HSC
Finally took my artwork home today after leaving it in school for two terms!!!! Now I can speed up the process and make it 80-90%+ done. :)
Woo! Took you long enough haha. You'll definitely be able to do a lot more painting at home.
I would like to bring my canvas home but my teacher will go crazy, if i do that.

I got given an insanely long art assignment to do. Like 3,000 words. Is that even achievable without plagiarism lol.

milkytea99

HSC
Woo! Took you long enough haha. You'll definitely be able to do a lot more painting at home.
I would like to bring my canvas home but my teacher will go crazy, if i do that.

I got given an insanely long art assignment to do. Like 3,000 words. Is that even achievable without plagiarism lol.
Why doesn't your teacher let you bring your canvas home? Our teacher lets us take our work home on the condition that we being it back to school every week and also take photos of the process at home lol.

3000 word assignment??? That's a lot!
I think we're also going to have a research case study assignment next week as wellx. I don't know how someone can bs 3000+ words lol

StudyToDeath

HSC
Why doesn't your teacher let you bring your canvas home? Our teacher lets us take our work home on the condition that we being it back to school every week and also take photos of the process at home lol.

3000 word assignment??? That's a lot!
I think we're also going to have a research case study assignment next week as wellx. I don't know how someone can bs 3000+ words lol
She says it won't meet board of studies requirements...:uhoh:
Yep 3,000 words, I'm not exagerating. It's divided up into two sections though. It's due in 3 weeks, meaning I have to do a 1000 words a week to finish it *cries*

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
She says it won't meet board of studies requirements...:uhoh:
Yep 3,000 words, I'm not exagerating. It's divided up into two sections though. It's due in 3 weeks, meaning I have to do a 1000 words a week to finish it *cries*
I guess because they have to ''sign off" that they saw you complete the majority of it by yourself without any other people's input...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)