2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

beelzebub

HSC
hey guys, i'm only just now checking out the forums on here but i'm glad i found this!

i'm SUPER behind on my bow, lmao. it's coming along quite nicely i think... i'm doing a series of portraits (though only one full facial) in lead pencil on paper. super boring but it's what i do best, i guess. i'm just a tiny stretch from being finished on the first piece, about a third of the way through the second and have yet to start on the other... four? five? i'm not sure. i'm probably too chilled out about this, honestly. i have not been planning enough at all.

still hankering for that band 6 though.... maybe i'll manage it. we'll see.

nice to kind of sort of meet all you guys! it's cool reading about other people & their bodies of work.

StudyToDeath

HSC
hey guys, i'm only just now checking out the forums on here but i'm glad i found this!

i'm SUPER behind on my bow, lmao. it's coming along quite nicely i think... i'm doing a series of portraits (though only one full facial) in lead pencil on paper. super boring but it's what i do best, i guess. i'm just a tiny stretch from being finished on the first piece, about a third of the way through the second and have yet to start on the other... four? five? i'm not sure. i'm probably too chilled out about this, honestly. i have not been planning enough at all.

nice to kind of sort of meet all you guys! it's cool reading about other people & their bodies of work.
WELCOME :D Your BOW sounds amazing, keep pushing on! We still have about 2 months until it is due...there is plenty of time!
I think we're all still hoping for a band 6 too!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Hi there, welcome on the forum, what's the concept behind your work?-Sounds very interesting, wished I had the skills to do portraiture-they are one of the hardest subject matters to master.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Welcome beelzebub!

1 MONTH AND 3 WEEKS TO GO PEOPLE! My BOW is due on the 13th August.

I have only a few more steps to go and then just heaps of detail dots and I'll be done!!!! Yay! Estimated around next week I'll be done with the main work and then I'll bring my artworks home for holidays and just work solidly on them for two weeks. I'm so excited to be able to hang them up and look at the full picture at the end! :D

Fiction

HSC
Thanks, I'm really excited :D 24th of August but my teacher is making it due a week earlier
uh oh - at least you're almost done though :))

Mine is dued first day back from holidays from memory. I've done about 1/5 of my work - but I'm considering adding more to it, because it's so fragmented at the moment lol.

Worried about studying for trials and working on BOW tbh. I don't think I'll finish at this rate LOL

milkytea99

HSC

Welcome :)
Don't worry, I also haven't touched my bow for quite awhile. But I'm going to crazily work on it tomorrow.

That day I took my board home by public transport and it was soooo awkward! I looked like a crazy kid when I was holding 2 boards almost the height of me when boarding public transport haha.

milkytea99

HSC
Btw, just a side note. When I accompanied my friend to the hairdresser after school, the hairdresser saw my board and though that I actually "bought the artwork". When I told them it was painted by me, they couldn't believe it and said it looked like a professional painting lol. Don't know is it true or not haha.

milkytea99

HSC
uh oh - at least you're almost done though :))

Mine is dued first day back from holidays from memory. I've done about 1/5 of my work - but I'm considering adding more to it, because it's so fragmented at the moment lol.

Worried about studying for trials and working on BOW tbh. I don't think I'll finish at this rate LOL
Study + do bow at same time haha. Multitask :)

StudyToDeath

HSC
Btw, just a side note. When I accompanied my friend to the hairdresser after school, the hairdresser saw my board and though that I actually "bought the artwork". When I told them it was painted by me, they couldn't believe it and said it looked like a professional painting lol. Don't know is it true or not haha.
You must be onto something good!!
I've had to walk home numerous times with my canvases, no fun. Especially when it decides to rain when I'm half way home. Maybe it's a sign that I'm not suppose to finish it.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I've had to walk home numerous times with my canvases, no fun. Especially when it decides to rain when I'm half way home. Maybe it's a sign that I'm not suppose to finish it.
Don't become too superstitious about signs-be a humanist instead-believe you shape your own destiny rather let destiny shape you:)-you could interpret it as teaching you a lesson to find new ways to protect your artwork in all kinds of unpredictable weather:)-and that if your artwork survived through the rain, it is more resilient than the average artwork..okay, don't worry about me, I think I am talking non-sense by personifying artworks-but the point remains-stay positive and stay focused:))

beelzebub

HSC
Hi there, welcome on the forum, what's the concept behind your work?-Sounds very interesting, wished I had the skills to do portraiture-they are one of the hardest subject matters to master.
thanks for all the welcomes, guys!

concept is just... habits. pretty much just pictures of people engaging in whatever various habits they have. kind of weak i think conceptually but i think it's enough to work out for a good mark, especially if i can pull it off technically ;)

portraiture came pretty easy to me, 'cause people have been my preferred subject matter for like... as long as i've been drawing. same with working in pencil. still, these are sort of more than i've ever done before, so that's pretty cool. i'm glad i'm challenging myself a little with it... i feel like it wouldn't be the hsc if we weren't challenging ourselves, i guess? lmao

milkytea99

HSC
Get your Ps so that you can drive your work home haha.
Btw, what kind of painting are you doing? It isn't that bad to let the rain wash your painting. It can create some unexpected effects too.
Someone from my school who got into art express last year did an abstract painting and the experimentations he did were absolute crazy. One of the pieces he submitted into art express, he actually let the rain literally wash one of his board when it was raining heavily.
I can pm you a link of his artwork haha.

StudyToDeath

HSC
Get your Ps so that you can drive your work home haha.
Btw, what kind of painting are you doing? It isn't that bad to let the rain wash your painting. It can create some unexpected effects too.
Someone from my school who got into art express last year did an abstract painting and the experimentations he did were absolute crazy. One of the pieces he submitted into art express, he actually let the rain literally wash one of his board when it was raining heavily.
I can pm you a link of his artwork haha.
I'm sslllooowwllly working towards getting my ps
Yes paint effects :D if you google "camille rose garcia" and look at her artworks....it pretty much sums up what I'm doing. I might be a bit bias but I think my work is better than hers LOL :p

I should have done abstraction...I could freestyle everything. The artwork you are describing sounds so spontaneous yet awesome.

Last edited:

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Yes paint effects :D if you google "camille rose garcia" and look at her artworks....it pretty much sums up what I'm doing. I might be a bit bias but I think my work is better than hers LOL :p

I should have done abstraction...I could freestyle everything. The artwork you are describing sounds so spontaneous yet awesome.
Wow! I just searched Camille Rose Garcia and her works are stunning!

I have 30 hours to get my Ps gahhhhhhhh!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Wow, great artist-how did you know about Camille:)-Beautiful art style:)-very imaginative too:)

Fiction

HSC
Study + do bow at same time haha. Multitask :)
lol
for some reason I saw this and imagined myself painting my books into the canvas. If only :p

Probably not the best of times, but I laid out my work on the floor yesterday, and tried to piece together th ebits of randoms I've done just, well, randomly. I have alot to do, but it was the first time this year I've felt certain I know where to go with my BOW :)) So nice feeling

Looking back, I'm surprised how much my work has evolved in composition and concept. It's actually pretty amazing (the process, not my BOW lol). ANyone else have had that feeling before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)