2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
hey guys,

so i realised that my current related for discovery, whilst it's rich in literary analysis (it's a novel) does not mesh well with the current themes of my prescribed text (i do the motorcycle diaries). i managed to find another related (it's a novella) which does have significant similarities to my prescribed with subtle differences, and i reckon this will substantiate the conceptual aspect of my AoS discovery

but trials are in 4 weeks, so is it too late to change relateds?
Have you already analysed it?

Ekman

HSC
but yeh, more thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
How fast do you think you can analyse the text and put it into your generic? Because if you spend an entire day on analysing and another on integrating it into your generic, then it should be fine! :)

Last edited:

Chris_S

HSC
Its up to you Hawk but you seem you are on top of it so just do what would suit your response best! By the way what mod is this?

Chris_S

HSC
lol soz read it wrong but if you think you can get it working well with you prescribed than go ahead

Ekman

HSC
I can analyse stuff off the bat quite easily provided that I know what I'm gonna write afterwards

And tbh, I'm not sure if I'm gonna prepare a full blown generic for the AoS for the trial; might do thematic paragraphs instead for this module
Then if you are confident with your analysing skills then go for it. Make as many thematic paragraphs you can in the given limited time of your schedule.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys,

so i realised that my current related for discovery, whilst it's rich in literary analysis (it's a novel) does not mesh well with the current themes of my prescribed text (i do the motorcycle diaries). i managed to find another related (it's a novella) which does have significant similarities to my prescribed with subtle differences, and i reckon this will substantiate the conceptual aspect of my AoS discovery

but trials are in 4 weeks, so is it too late to change relateds?

Well I know people who changed related texts a lot later (e.g day before) and it was okay...

rawrliongirl

HSC
Haha try and smash it out quickly and get the basic stuff done. We had to submit it for an assignment, but they called it a 'prototype'. So it didn't have to be perfect. Just went and quickly did all the basics so it looked finished. Now I'll add some things and make it better.

You should see my gantt chart, haha. Literally did 0 work in term 1 of this year.
hahah you should see my gantt chart :')
i've left massive gaps everywhere :'))))
what did i even do all term? :|

Flop21

HSC
Hey guys do you think this is a good idea... starting to write up flash card questions for every topic for business and biology and multi? I know it's late. I have my regular notes, but thinking flash cards will be more effective. I could probably do all of them in a week. Got 4 weeks till trials.

But technically I will be studying as I'm writing them... and once they are done they are going to be so usefull and more effective especially for HSC.

Fiction

HSC
Hey guys do you think this is a good idea... starting to write up flash card questions for every topic for business and biology and multi? I know it's late. I have my regular notes, but thinking flash cards will be more effective. I could probably do all of them in a week. Got 4 weeks till trials.

But technically I will be studying as I'm writing them... and once they are done they are going to be so usefull and more effective especially for HSC.
That really depends on how you study. Worth trying if you haven't before, especially for content heavy subjects like bio :) If you don't like it, you can always scrap it, and it's not like you're not learning during the process so no loss

Chris_S

HSC
If you can do it with enough time to utilise them than I would be a good idea flop! I use them for pdhpe and bio to remember terms and they work a charm! Why not try the palm cards at the back of the excel book, the are pretty good and would save you heaps of time writing them up!

Chris_S

HSC
Even use quizlet! It is a website and has an app and is really handy

matchalolz

HSC
Tried studying for the first time today and did around 5 hours. Tbh idk how people are pulling off 8 hours a day I feel like I'm going to die lmao

how's everyone going?

astroman

HSC
study here and there, doubt i'll ever be able to pull off consistent study at home tbh, but anyhow as long as it works i'm ok with it

astroman

HSC
and that's why I'm at the library every day, haha.

And also why I go to a library a fair way from home - so you can't get bored and head home easily.
My library is full of screaming kids and unbearable internet speed

HSC
Yeah I've been using something like that.

I'm still a bit worried though. I dunno what everyone else is doing. Does everyone else know their content by heart 100%?

When you guys 'study' say these school holidays, you're at the library, what are you doing? Just doing past paper after past paper? Or sitting there and trying to memorise facts, content etc.?

Sorry for the dumb questions guys, I'm just a bit anxious haha.
mending previous notes, researching what i don't get and going through questions + marking
I don't know the content off by heart but sometimes just knowing i have relevant info that i can put down to fit the question is enough, i just gotta correct myself

Tried studying for the first time today and did around 5 hours. Tbh idk how people are pulling off 8 hours a day I feel like I'm going to die lmao

how's everyone going?
did bits and pieces but didn't get through the things planned :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)