2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfw english

HSC
You guys hear about that 4chan threat for a shooting at UNSW? I hope it's just someone trolling

Last edited:

teridax

HSC
N/A
and then finally i have to memorise my motherfkn 1300 words for hamlet for mod B which is 1300 words (fml)

wish me luck kunts

Umbra77

HSC
I hope they don't tell you that you must use a specific essay in the Wilfred Owen section like in the Trials. If they do then I'm freaking screwed, panicking now and trying to memorise all quotes. Got drained by Paper 1 today, Paper 2 is TOMMOROW. Talking about "horrors of war" the stress level is like that now heh. Any advice?

Got them all written down but gotta memorise them all.

No dinner for me tonight.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Shouldn't you lot all be studying?
Are we suppose to be studying non-stop???? Jesus you'd think we'd have 50 minutes to eat dinner.

I've got all my essays memorised anyway. I just gotta go over them so I remember each part and don't forget something, but I'm so tired.

Umbra77

HSC
Shouldn't you lot all be studying?
Multi-tasking, talking helps cut down our stress.

Btw guys any tips for memorising the three essays and what are the chances they are gonna tell you to use a specific prescribed text for Wilfred Owen in the question?

Flop21

HSC
im glad i h@ve sikkients lyk u gu1z3 2 supp0rt mi

Seriously though, reciting your essays is legit the most effective memorisation method for english.
Yeah that's what I did. Pacing also helps to keep you awake, sometimes I'd get really tired and bored while sitting down and trying to rote them.

Kolmias

HSC
Are we suppose to be studying non-stop???? Jesus you'd think we'd have 50 minutes to eat dinner.

I've got all my essays memorised anyway. I just gotta go over them so I remember each part and don't forget something, but I'm so tired.
Fifty minutes to eat dinner! You should all be drinking it through a straw whilst studying. How else are you going to get that 120.96 ATAR if you stop for such trivial things such as sleep and food?

Umbra77

HSC
Not eating dinner tonight, but red bull for me tommorow. How did you memorise the 3 essays so fast when you had to do the story and the discovery one? What are you gonna do if they tell you to use a specific text in Wilfred Owen? They did it to us in the trials and I did not read/notice it.

Last edited:

teridax

HSC
N/A
Not eating dinner tonight, but red bull for me tommorow. How did you memorise the 3 essays so fast when you had to do the story and the discovery one?
it's ideal to spread your memorisation out (but who the fuck bothers rofl #crammingftw)

fastest way to memorise is reciting each sentence out loud for each paragraph progressively until you can say all paragraphs at once (I exclude the intro and conclusion because you can write those on exam day)

but it depends on how good your memory is - it personally takes me 2 hours if I walk around and continually speak aloud

most importantly, sleep is a must and if you have to keep memorising, do it until at least 1-2am - 6 to 7 hours of sleep is adequate for decent retention

Umbra77

HSC
Fifty minutes to eat dinner! You should all be drinking it through a straw whilst studying. How else are you going to get that 120.96 ATAR if you stop for such trivial things such as sleep and food?
No dinner for me put I know I will pack a can of red bull tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)