2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruisinThru-

HSC
If you get 100 raw mark on the day for everything you'll still get 99.95 most likely
Wouldn't that be great.

yeh you should be able to get 90 pree easy (assuming you are like good at the subjects ahaha)
That's good to know. I am good at them, I feel as though I should have done English Advanced though. The English Advanced teacher said it scales better than English Standard.

leehuan

HSC
Wouldn't that be great.

That's good to know. I am good at them, I feel as though I should have done English Advanced though. The English Advanced teacher said it scales better than English Standard.
Legit though provided you sustain a good rank and then get really high marks on the final exam then that's still going to be 90+ easily

CruisinThru-

HSC
Legit though provided you sustain a good rank and then get really high marks on the final exam then that's still going to be 90+ easily
Thank you for being positive. I've been anxious waiting to find out my ranks; I find out early next week when the holidays end.

leehuan

HSC
Thank you for being positive. I've been anxious waiting to find out my ranks; I find out early next week when the holidays end.
Your trials should be weighted much more than the tasks thus far though. Your ranks at this point will be an indication of where you're at right now, but until after trials you can't fully ascertain where you are right now.

But maybe post somewhere else regarding this when you do get your ranks. Then we might be able to give you further advice.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lelel rip pree sure some of my ranks are gonna drop after half-yearlies
all g though, for some reason next terms assessments are more important (i.e weighted more/less marks)
ive realised that having a task with very low marks is more impactful than one with a slightly higher weighting
like when each mark is worth like 0.25-0.33% most people at the top will work out fairly close
when one mark is worth like 1-2% lol people get seperated much faster

Bestintheworld

HSC
lelel rip pree sure some of my ranks are gonna drop after half-yearlies
all g though, for some reason next terms assessments are more important (i.e weighted more/less marks)
ive realised that having a task with very low marks is more impactful than one with a slightly higher weighting
like when each mark is worth like 0.25-0.33% most people at the top will work out fairly close
when one mark is worth like 1-2% lol people get seperated much faster
I dont like assessments with lower mark, I usually fk up those ones :p

leehuan

HSC
What is the chance that Nailgun has begun procrastinating with chess

Kolmias

HSC
Why is BOS advertising for retirement homes? They do know the userbase, don't they?

ml125

HSC
Where did you get the impression from?
I wouldn't be able to cope with such long study just for the money and the prestige. I'd prefer to do something else I'm more interested in and stick with it rather than start something like med then drop out halfway.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't be able to cope with such long study just for the money and the prestige. I'd prefer to do something else I'm more interested in and stick with it rather than start something like med then drop out halfway.
Fair enough although there are ppl who are willing to put up with all the years

leehuan

HSC
Too much blood and/or getting sick to help people + the pressure involved in actually holding the life itself together sounds 90x more intense than the pressure of life insurance.

That was what I thought about med. I would've done law over med soznotsoz.

(Of course, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the people that saved my life)

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Too much blood and/or getting sick to help people + the pressure involved in actually holding the life itself together sounds 90x more intense than the pressure of life insurance.

That was what I thought about med. I would've done law over med soznotsoz.

(Of course, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the people that saved my life)
Didn't realise doctors had a lot of stress on the job lol but why do ppl do it anyway?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Because there are people who genuinely have a passion to be a doctor
And then there are people willing to go that far for money and prestige

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
lmao if they really want the money then why don't they become a maths teacher then once you become one you can become a maths tutor (or any teacher such as phys,chem, english) so then you can make more money rather than do something you don't like. THing is not everyone likes teaching and not everyone likes to be a doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)