2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jathu123

HSC
Wow how fast did you finish the course?
We didn't lmao, we're too slow at the science subjects Only finished like the first 2 focus area in water haha. But good thing I can start yr12 work by myself after the yearlies

Last edited:

kbsk

HSC
got recommended today to drop down to standard from my english teacher :) i have such a love hate relationship with the subject :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
got recommended today to drop down to standard from my english teacher :) i have such a love hate relationship with the subject :)
Nah if I were you I'd keep advanced. I don't think there's any difference though other than that advanced scales higher and in advanced you do shakespeare (you might do shakespeare for standard though, only in the AOS Discovery-The tempest)

Last edited:

northern

HSC
Hi, Northern here,

I know I'm entering the forum a bit late but I'm fairly new to the community and just wanted to say hi. I'm doing business studies, mathematics (2U), economics, english advanced geography and agriculture and go to school in the ACT (Canberra Grammar) but do the HSC.

I look forward to getting to know you all better over the next year or so and hope everything is going well so far for everyone.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Nah if I were you I'd keep advanced. I don't think there's any difference though other than that advanced scales higher and in advanced you do shakespeare (you might do shakespeare for standard though, only in the AOS Discovery-The tempest)
There's also Hamlet in Advanced.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi, Northern here,

I know I'm entering the forum a bit late but I'm fairly new to the community and just wanted to say hi. I'm doing business studies, mathematics (2U), economics, english advanced geography and agriculture and go to school in the ACT (Canberra Grammar) but do the HSC.

I look forward to getting to know you all better over the next year or so and hope everything is going well so far for everyone.
Welcome to BOS northern

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
There's also Hamlet in Advanced.
There's a shakespeare elective in ever single module in Advanced. For Mod A there's julius caesear, Mod B there's Hamlet and Mod C theres King Henry. I don't think you understood what I said, I said if you do standard you won't do Shakespeare unless in the AOS you could possibly do the tempest

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Hamlet next year and I honestly love the play
Have you read other plays like the Tempest, Julius Caesar, King Richard iii, King Henry, a midsummer's night dream, as you like it, Anthony and Cleopatra, Othello, Twelfth night, King lear, titus andronocus, etc?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I used to hate shakespeare, mainly because I couldn't understand the language, now I don't mind it so much (don't ask me why), even though I still can't understand the language

The only Shakespeare play I understood was Romeo and Juliet and that was it lmao

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I cant read Shakespeare but the complexity of the play's make me love it. Currently loving English because of Othello and my teachers.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I cant read Shakespeare but the complexity of the play's make me love it. Currently loving English because of Othello and my teachers.
I hated studying Othello, but the play was somewhat interesting.

skiiful

HSC
I used to hate shakespeare, mainly because I couldn't understand the language, now I don't mind it so much (don't ask me why), even though I still can't understand the language

The only Shakespeare play I understood was Romeo and Juliet and that was it lmao
+1 no fear shakespeare is my savior, made studying othello 10x easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)