2024 HSC Chat (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
NESA would make an educated estimate based on your teachers guidance, what’s reasonable (based on previous years) and rankings iirc

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
trying to revive part of BoS,,, it's too weird now that it's quiet :(
anyone got their first assessment notifications yet? how are y'all finding your subjects?
havent got any notifications yet because my exam block is in week 8 and 9 haha, and atm the subjects r chill as ngl im loving it right now, but the thing is i'm doing 13 units and i'm not sure what to drop because, if i drop a subject ill have more time to study for another subject but at the same time, i love all of my subjects lol

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
trying to revive part of BoS,,, it's too weird now that it's quiet :(
anyone got their first assessment notifications yet? how are y'all finding your subjects?
It was like this around this time last year too.

I’m only getting two assessment this term: religion and English. I hate the Religion test so much cause it weighs 20% and is worth 20 marks (4 five markers), meaning each mark is 1% of our internals. I really don’t like low mark assessments cause it just means each mark weighs a ton, although the test does seem pretty easy ngl.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
It was like this around this time last year too.

I’m only getting two assessment this term: religion and English. I hate the Religion test so much cause it weighs 20% and is worth 20 marks (4 five markers), meaning each mark is 1% of our internals. I really don’t like low mark assessments cause it just means each mark weighs a ton, although the test does seem pretty easy ngl.
what are you doing in sor right now? we are finishing up post 1945 and moving onto religion and non religion

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
what are you doing in sor right now? we are finishing up post 1945 and moving onto religion and non religion
Same. We’re finishing post 1945. I think for exam prep I’ll just do a 5 marker for every dot point - I can send you the doc later when I do all that.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
Same. We’re finishing post 1945. I think for exam prep I’ll just do a 5 marker for every dot point - I can send you the doc later when I do all that.
thank you sm! also, do you have textbook pages for post 1945, religion and non religion and other religions? wouldn't mind sending them over to you lol, its the cambridge book

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
thank you sm! also, do you have textbook pages for post 1945, religion and non religion and other religions? wouldn't mind sending them over to you lol, its the cambridge book
Our school doesn’t even use the textbook lol. We just have a very good Canvas page the SOR teachers put together

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
i love tasks for sor, they're so chill, although i don't know why my school is doing the syllabus out of order, we're doing the depth studies first so my first assessment is on islam

i'm getting assessments for all my subjects this term, and i'm pretty sure i'll have an exam block in week 9ish? not sure, the teaching staff aren't transparent with us at all, it's really annoying

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Our school doesn’t even use the textbook lol. We just have a very good Canvas page the SOR teachers put together
i can relate to that so much, my school doesn't use any textbook, it's just some external sites and random slideshows, but it ends up working out for me lol

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
actually yeah, send me the textbook pages plz

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
what week is it at school rn? is it like wk4? ive like completely lost my sense of time since the hsc started
Yep wk 4. Give us some advice, what would you do differently at the start of term 1 yr 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)