28 days till HSC: How is everyone preparing? (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Do u mean 34 past papers in total? Or 34 papers for each subject?
He wants to do a total of 99 papers, he's done so far 65 papers and he wants to finish the rest of the 34 papers. I doubt 34 papers for each subject, it's impossible.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
LOL reading Jacranda phys and Conc chem everynight, doing 2 papers a week (2 and 3u), Watching anime for japanese and neglecting english
Watch anime in Japanese but with English subtitles and anaylse their use of literary devices.

sharoooooo

HSC
Past papers and revising for every subject.......... except English.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Doing All the past 12 years HSC papers for chem, phys,bio (except for the option topics), and realising there is so much in chem and bio I need to rote learn. FFS, i should have learnt all the retarded theory questions on biology throughout the year.

Attempting to learn option topics for bio, chem, physics as i don't know any of them (didn't even finish communication in biology)

Doing 2 to 3 2u mathematics papers a week.

Attempting to write essays on all modules and a creative piece so I can rote learn and hopefully get a high band 4 (like a 78 or 79).

So like 11 hours a day, but i need to do more. Maybe around 14/15 hours starting from wednseday.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Doing All the past 12 years HSC papers for chem, phys,bio (except for the option topics), and realising there is so much in chem and bio I need to rote learn. FFS, i should have learnt all the retarded theory questions on biology throughout the year.

Attempting to learn option topics for bio, chem, physics as i don't know any of them (didn't even finish communication in biology)

Doing 2 to 3 2u mathematics papers a week.

Attempting to write essays on all modules and a creative piece so I can rote learn and hopefully get a high band 4 (like a 78 or 79).

So like 11 hours a day, but i need to do more. Maybe around 14/15 hours starting from wednseday.
yeah, no

Mr_Kap

HSC
why not?

If I do 14 hours study I get 8 hours sleep, and 2 hours to eat and stuff around, and then work for 14 hours.

Plus, marking the practice exams i take, takes a while (i also look at marking guidines and sample answers and how to improve), and that isn't really much study, and that will take maybe 3 hours of the study a day (If I mark around 3/4 exams).

teridax

HSC
N/A
why not?

If I do 14 hours study I get 8 hours sleep, and 2 hours to eat and stuff around, and then work for 14 hours.

Plus, marking the practice exams i take, takes a while (i also look at marking guidines and sample answers and how to improve), and that isn't really much study, and that will take maybe 3 hours of the study a day (If I mark around 3/4 exams).
It could potentially work, but then you need to consider the law of diminishing returns. Like, if you study that much (I'd even question more than 6 hours tbh), I'd be amazed. It probably won't be efficient doing 14 hours when you could compress that into maybe 8 hours.

Mr_Kap

HSC
It could potentially work, but then you need to consider the law of diminishing returns. Like, if you study that much (I'd even question more than 6 hours tbh), I'd be amazed. It probably won't be efficient doing 14 hours when you could compress that into maybe 8 hours.

Last edited:

teridax

HSC
N/A
I get what your saying, but ive got so much to rote learn...yes rote learn (plus it helps me understand it once i've wrote learnt it), especially for biology which is so much fact based, and some of chemistry (i can do the calculations and a lot of the 'understanding' questions), and physics.

Plus, memorising stuff doesn't take much out of me, its the understanding part (which I think i've got covered), which takes its toll on the brain's concentration.
I see what you mean as well, but even though there's definitely rote learning, it shouldn't be the sum of your study.

And I would argue memorising takes more toll on the brain because with understanding, you're making connections which doesn't cause as much 'stress' to the brain. Unfortunately, you’re stuck with your brain - it's not a hard drive. That's why rote learning takes more time. The vast majority of information is better stored in your head using a completely different system – learning through connecting ideas together.

Mr_Kap

HSC
I see what you mean as well, but even though there's definitely rote learning, it shouldn't be the sum of your study.

And I would argue memorising takes more toll on the brain because with understanding, you're making connections which doesn't cause as much 'stress' to the brain. Unfortunately, you’re stuck with your brain - it's not a hard drive. That's why rote learning takes more time. The vast majority of information is better stored in your head using a completely different system – learning through connecting ideas together.
Yeh definitely. I agree with that. It's just things like chemical equations and state signs I need to memorise in chemistry (no way to derive/understand them unless they are a acid/base reaction or metal/salt etc..), and like the dry cell, and some of the chemical monitering and managment stuff (involving water quality and etcc)

In physics, the stupid impact on society questions and all that bs i want memorised, so i can have a quick and coherent answer to the simple questions.

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
I did 2014 BOS trial today ...the whole day... thankgod theres not that many otherwise my other subjects would be finished...

sy37

HSC
catching up on work

neglecting english

trying to find a job

Drsoccerball

HSC
I've written beast physics notes for motors and going through ideas to implementations as well :L takes too long... Someone motivate me to do english

Mr_Kap

HSC
I've written beast physics notes for motors and going through ideas to implementations as well :L takes too long... Someone motivate me to do english
I thought I liked Motors and Generators when we did it term 4 of last year, but now i hate it with a passion.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Definitely agree with this. It's only about for one day you'll be happy because you "graduated" but right after that you'll be stressed out lol because you've still got your HSC exams left.
Exactly, heaps of people are throwing parties after graduation/formal but I don't even know if people will go BC HSC will be so soon.

aanthnnyyy

HSC
- rote learn all generically modifiable english essays.
- hope for the best for legal
- Bullshit my way through business
- destroy Maths 2/3u past papers
- revise and past papers for Chem
- revise + past papers Eco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)