• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2nd Yr'er troubled with year 3 units (Acst + Comp Double) (1 Viewer)

zxl

HSC
Right now I am planning my year 3 units for my Acst/Computing double, and start thinking a little ahead about year 4 since most Comp3xx units required certain Comp2xx as prerequisites.

Are there any current 3rd and 4th Yr'er here with computing double to share about your subject selection? And actually, how many of you(s) out there in year 3 and 4 doing computing?

For now I'm considering taking Systems Engineering Project in year 4 alongside with control cycles, but since this is a 4 CP course that's offered over the full year, so I think it might be a major screw-up to meeting the graduation requirement on time (4 units at least in 300 levels). Anyone has taken this path?

Many thx in advance

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
zxl said:
Right now I am planning my year 3 units for my Acst/Computing double, and start thinking a little ahead about year 4 since most Comp3xx units required certain Comp2xx as prerequisites.

Are there any current 3rd and 4th Yr'er here with computing double to share about your subject selection? And actually, how many of you(s) out there in year 3 and 4 doing computing?

For now I'm considering taking Systems Engineering Project in year 4 alongside with control cycles, but since this is a 4 CP course that's offered over the full year, so I think it might be a major screw-up to meeting the graduation requirement on time (4 units at least in 300 levels). Anyone has taken this path?

Many thx in advance
i must know u... jacky?? :wave: anyway, theres no way we'll be able to do COMP340... our schedule is too packed... you could always ask but... we are actuaries...

ND

HSC
John! what's going on man? how are your holidays?

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
ND said:
John! what's going on man? how are your holidays?
lol hey nins :wave: hols ok... found work at ahm... private health insurance... heaps good... so working full time... :D you working at Citibank?

Mini

relax
HSC
hello jacky!
and hey john!! didn't know u came on here, such a surprise, we're all such nerds. though i have more posts than you :p

i want to do comp340 dammit! sorta stuffs me up if i don't, nothing else i'm that interested in

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Mini said:
hello jacky!
and hey john!! didn't know u came on here, such a surprise, we're all such nerds. though i have more posts than you :p

i want to do comp340 dammit! sorta stuffs me up if i don't, nothing else i'm that interested in

LOL OMG!! LOL

:rofl: :rofl:

i used this site heaps when doing hsc... then forgot about it... then bored one day and came here... LOL

Hey "Mini" :wave:

:p

there's plenty of good stuff... your doing COMP343 Crypt right??... or not interested anymore...?

COMP330 Graphics sounds fun...or even COMP342 OS... plenty of stuff... feel sorry for ya second semester but... most of that is programming... including COMP332... programming languages... lol :p

anyway... so what ARE u gonna do? :p

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Mini said:
hello jacky!

oooh u have more posts do ya?? :p lol... maybe i'll go and have some... :spam: :p

RIZAL

HSC
what a privilege it is to have the one and only johnilicious gracing the actuarial forums.

For those that don't know, John (or just 'licious') is the biggest pimp of actuarial studies. All of the chicks chat him up in between classes.

Good to see you here man (although I don't post much :( )

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
RIZAL said:
what a privilege it is to have the one and only johnilicious gracing the actuarial forums.

For those that don't know, John (or just 'licious') is the biggest pimp of actuarial studies. All of the chicks chat him up in between classes.

Good to see you here man (although I don't post much :( )
WHAT? lol :p:rofl: sizzle!!!

your the biggest pimp of them all man :p going through some of the photos i've got... theres ones with you and 10 chicks... lol and they love it too!!... they all fully pose for ya! you know the one i'm talking about... at the ball... :rofl:

lol... yea i havn't posted for ages... then thought i'd check it out cause u guys were still posting... but its changed so much...

great to see ya izzle :p

RIZAL

HSC
JOhnNiLiCiouS said:
WHAT? lol :p:rofl: sizzle!!!

your the biggest pimp of them all man :p going through some of the photos i've got... theres ones with you and 10 chicks... lol and they love it too!!... they all fully pose for ya! you know the one i'm talking about... at the ball... :rofl:

hahaha these are lies, damned lies and statistics outside the 95% CI ;)

BTW, john I heard that you called the tillinghast help desk for some tips on MoSes? they must be getting you into the hardcore comp stuff then?

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
RIZAL said:
hahaha these are lies, damned lies and statistics outside the 95% CI ;)
BTW, john I heard that you called the tillinghast help desk for some tips on MoSes? they must be getting you into the hardcore comp stuff then?
yea? you heard from James?... yea its awesome izzle... they want me to segregate their prediction models down more... i've got into a bit of trouble cause i was playing around with their model, and i changed a few things... lol... thought i changed everything back... but forgot one stupid thing... should have realised... simple mistake...

right now... i'm still checking their variables and assumptions... still a LOT of things different... but slowly getting there... gotta wait for december to come out to quickly check everything again... then there's a few other tasks i gotta do...

what u up to in PWC? :p LOL... heard from btong... he's doing auditing... lol...

RIZAL

HSC
john that's cool man, good to see that you ended up getting hooked up with a summer stint. a bit of advice - if you are going to 'play' with anything, make a backup and play with your backup file!

my work is going well. I've been lucky in getting a few interesting jobs.

hahaha @ btong - u gotta love that guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)