3 hours a night is not enough! (2 Viewers)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
our school suggests 2- 4, but my english teacher says 30 - 60 minutes a day for english every day, which is simple to do

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
lolokay said:
0 hours a night is enough

right?
hmmmmmmmmmm.
that policy could potentially need re-looking at.

just potentially though

velzee

In silence let him lie.
HSC
i can tell you now after realising what a shitload of work i had to do half way through term two, i spent probly 80% of my nights staying up to 12.30 am, the rest was spent on part time employment.

Dude do NOT delay lol

*Baby-K*

HSC
I lived 2 hours away from school so i'll get home at 5.30 have dinner and sit down to do homework at 6 till about 10 every night. So yah that's 4 hours plus note that I had more free periods than anyone- at least 2, normally 3 per day and tried to get my work done then.
Just stay on top of things!
Of course some nights I just came home and slept :eek:

hoochiscrazy

HSC
5 hours such a waste of time lol. Just find summary's on this website resources page read through those --- find the best ones not the crappy ones--- then look at hsc.csu website. dont need 5 hours lol try 30 min or a couple of weeks before exams

spence

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
ive never understood how people can do 3+ hours of study a night and still not get incredible marks
If I did that much study I'd have been pissed with anything below 99

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
spence said:
If I did that much study I'd have been pissed with anything below 99
3 hours isn't really much...

3 hours of solid study with decent brain should get someone 95+, not sure about 99.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
bullshit 3 hrs isnt enough.

i did 1-2 hrs MAX and it was completely fine. easy sailing even, never stressed throughout the year.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The average attention span for an adult is 1 hour. This implies that you can only concentrate and fully focus for an hour. After that your brain gets tired or gets distracted and dozes off. It is very difficult to study for 3 hours straight. You need to give your brain a rest in between each hour.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
The average attention span for an adult is 1 hour. This implies that you can only concentrate and fully focus for an hour. After that your brain gets tired or gets distracted and dozes off. It is very difficult to study for 3 hours straight. You need to give your brain a rest in between each hour.
yeah, master the 5 minute study break

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
i find that studying really depends on my mood. if i come home from school in a great mood, really focused on my goal (dux) i find i can easily do 2-4 hours in a night non-stop.
however if i am in a foul mood, or really tired/down, i rarely make myself do homework or study... instead, i do something i really enjoy, like going for a run and listening to hamish and andy and that puts me in a good mood, so i study after dinner.
but i agree with everyone else... assessments are NO 1! they should be on your mind the entire 2 weeks or whatever before it is due. we have all our subjects putting our assessments on in the one week... and thats really bumming us out...
but i make myself be in a good mood, then i find it easy :) good luck...:fish:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
jessmooka said:
i find that studying really depends on my mood. if i come home from school in a great mood, really focused on my goal (dux) i find i can easily do 2-4 hours in a night non-stop.
however if i am in a foul mood, or really tired/down, i rarely make myself do homework or study... instead, i do something i really enjoy, like going for a run and listening to hamish and andy and that puts me in a good mood, so i study after dinner.
but i agree with everyone else... assessments are NO 1! they should be on your mind the entire 2 weeks or whatever before it is due. we have all our subjects putting our assessments on in the one week... and thats really bumming us out...
but i make myself be in a good mood, then i find it easy :) good luck...:fish:
For me (pretty uncommonly) I find that if I can't study from the start (restlessness), I can't get into the study at all.. So I usually go for a walk/stretch
But once I do start studying, I can study for aaaaaaaaaaages non-stop

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
youngminii said:
For me (pretty uncommonly) I find that if I can't study from the start (restlessness), I can't get into the study at all.. So I usually go for a walk/stretch
But once I do start studying, I can study for aaaaaaaaaaages non-stop
yeah. im in a weird routine of like doing no study 4 days a week. then the other days doing like 5 hours each.

i think most of my procrastination is on here.

cruel irony

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
gibbo153 said:
yeah. im in a weird routine of like doing no study 4 days a week. then the other days doing like 5 hours each.

cruel irony
thats the same for me.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
gibbo153 said:

cruel irony
ditto

Scissors

HSC
i never studied in year 12, except just before an exam, and i'm pretty certain that i'll get a uai of about 85.

not bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)