3 set texts... (1 Viewer)

epicmel

HSC
What are the chances of being asked to talk about 3 set texts... any thoughts?

blabla91

HSC
I highly doubt they will ask for 3 coz 5 texts in an essay is alot, they could ask for 3 set and one related but seeing as I havent even read one of the texts let alone analysed it I think I would just pretend I'd misread the question haha

epicmel

HSC
I know it's highly unlikely because a lot of schools don't even learn the third text - but hey this year's hsc is screwed up, anything's possible.

tranny91

HSC
considering there is only two hours for ext 1 (which equates to 1hr for each section). The probability of them asking you for 3 related is highly unlikely, if u look at the past questions they always say "refer to two prescribed and two related" or (at least). But then again, they fucked us over for paper 1 by saying only one related. So who knows ! But im pretty confident they'll ask for two.

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
I know it's highly unlikely because a lot of schools don't even learn the third text - but hey this year's hsc is screwed up, anything's possible.

agreed.

fingers crossed only two... i refuse to reread p.d james.

ashllis92

HSC
I hope they ask for three because a lot of people don't learn three and I know all three of mine really well but I don't know my related that well...

catherinet

HSC
if they say 3, i will walk directly out of the exam room and over a cliff....

mushroom_magic

HSC
I will probably die a little inside and then go and celebrate my birthday!!!!

lol i was going to ask the question about the three prescribed

epicmel

HSC
happy birthday for tomorrow, haha great present :p

Cattypatra

HSC
Am I the only one that's prepared for all our prescribed texts and then found a corresponding relevant modern day to text to use to reflect changing and remaining ways of thinking?

Man, I hope all this work doesn't go to waste. At least I can always give brief asides and mention thigns if they don't ask for everything.

blabla91

HSC
So I was talking to my teacher today and she showed me a bit in the syllabus where it said they must learn 'at least two' meaning I think that they cant ask three?

epicmel

HSC
well if it says at least two, three is a possibility? but idk.

Monsterman

HSC
There's a chance. Its better to have another one prepared especially for related

So I was talking to my teacher today and she showed me a bit in the syllabus where it said they must learn 'at least two' meaning I think that they cant ask three?
At least two means minimum two...

accio.brain

HSC
the syllabus i have for crime writing says we have to study 'at least three prescribed texts'...

I'm screwed if they ask for another one.

blabla91

HSC
There's a chance. Its better to have another one prepared especially for related

At least two means minimum two...
I do realise that 'at least' means minimum but in terms of the minimum teachers must teach us (i.e. 2) that could mean thats all theyre allowed to test us on... oh well only tomorrow will tell

Aixis

HSC
I really hope it IS 3. I only have one related text that's any good. the other one would be made up on the spot, and i'd probably do one of the ones I did for english adv. Can't wait til this day is over. DIE CALVINO

What about the creative? that's worth just as much... I came up with a story last night so I'm going to run with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)