300 - Belonging? (1 Viewer)

waycoolsteve

HSC
hey guys.
needing help with techniques used to represent belonging in the film 300?
any help at all would be heaps good.
cheers.

bored of sc

HSC
Haven't seen the film however you have to remember there are literally 200+ techniques within ANY film worth discussing, you just need to be on the look out. Some of the general ones for film are:

Dialogue: what the characters say but also how they say it.

Mise-en-scene: all the elements within the set design that we see, the visual aspects that make up the frame.

Music: the tuned/untuned sounds.

And as long as the text relates to belonging clearly enough, you can relate any technique to belonging.

Last edited:

madsam

God among men
HSC
dont forget forming the phalanx representing them coming together as one, and developing a sense of belonging with each other :hammer:

oly1991

HSC
i saw it ages ago but i remember when the leader said to his troops what was their occupation and they all yelled the same response simultaneously which i guess reinforces their sense of belonging.

madsam

God among men
HSC
when he asked the spartans what their occupation was, they just responded with a loud synchronised grunting sound, not really answering the question, but good enough haha

oly1991

HSC
when he asked the spartans what their occupation was, they just responded with a loud synchronised grunting sound, not really answering the question, but good enough haha
lol yeah i dont really remember the movie that much....u really have to watch a film to properly analyse it.

waycoolsteve

HSC
urm advanced
also,
thankyou.
but still, if anyone has anything else bust it up here...

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
the hunchback did not belong

their uniforms

concept of belonging to a home

sense of "one" within the spartans

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
Being kicked into the bottomless pit is a metaphor used by the composer to represent the infinite fail that you suffer for criticising the Spartans and their sense of belonging.

imoO

HSC
This is a hard film to use for belonging. I tried to use it in a practice essay today.....I find that films are hard to...kind of...find the right techniques to support your thesis. I may think of switching to another text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)