4 unit students dont sit a 2 unit paper??? (1 Viewer)

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
That's a terrible example, because getting a 94 in 2U is immensely easier than getting a 94 in 4U.

Theoretically, you can drop 4U anytime up to the Hsc exams, even a week before (correct me if I'm wrong).

I suggest doing 4U as a subject, and keep it (if it's not too difficult) at least until after the trial exams. After the trials decide which maths you are going to go with.

Doing 4U makes your 3U mark so much better, and makes 2U seem really boring. It is however, a lot of extra work. It's a balance thing, you just kind of have to work it out for yourself to see what works for you.

shaon0

HSC
Js^-1 said:
That's a terrible example, because getting a 94 in 2U is immensely easier than getting a 94 in 4U.

Theoretically, you can drop 4U anytime up to the Hsc exams, even a week before (correct me if I'm wrong).

I suggest doing 4U as a subject, and keep it (if it's not too difficult) at least until after the trial exams. After the trials decide which maths you are going to go with.

Doing 4U makes your 3U mark so much better, and makes 2U seem really boring. It is however, a lot of extra work. It's a balance thing, you just kind of have to work it out for yourself to see what works for you.
lol....isn't 2unit maths already boring even doing 3unit in Year 11?

Last edited:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
And why should 4 unit students sit the 2 unit exam? There'd be no point as it's obvious that all the 4 unit people will get the top scores in the test.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Haha..not always.

I can humbly admit I will not get 120/120 raw in the 2unit exam (damn consumer arithmetic)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If your way of thinking is inclined towards the Extension 2 methods of solving problems, then you'll probably find the 2 unit exams very horrible, because it's merely tedious number crunching...I'm so glad I did Extension 2...wouldn't have coped with those 2 unit exams....yuck! lol

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 4 unit students dont sit a 2 unit paper???

Trebla said:
If your way of thinking is inclined towards the Extension 2 methods of solving problems, then you'll probably find the 2 unit exams very horrible, because it's merely tedious number crunching...I'm so glad I did Extension 2...wouldn't have coped with those 2 unit exams....yuck! lol
Yeah I'm helping out a mate with 2unit and I couldn't finish the 2unit 2007 exam because it was so damn boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)